375H&H AND ACCUBOND BULLETS

Discussion in '.375 & Up' started by BARTFRNCS, Jun 6, 2011.

1. BARTFRNCS

BARTFRNCS AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RMEF DU SCI NRA
    Hunted:
    CAR CANADA MEXICO USA RSA
    Whats the general opinion of the 260gr accubond in 375 cal? Was shooting tsx but they leave alot of copper in my bore. I would like to change bullets and have had good expriances with accubonds in .308cal.

2. PHOENIX PHIL

PHOENIX PHIL AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, S. Africa
    The 260gr AB's were the first bullets I loaded for my .375. These were rounds for breaking in the gun (and me for that matter too), so I really didn't do any true development with them. But they were very accurate and from what I've read would be a good choice for PG or anything of that like. But I've not hunted with them and so I have no first hand experience in that respect.

3. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    I think the accubonds are great bullet. Good for hunting waterbuck, eland, and kudu for sure. Should shoot pretty flat and accurate.

4. JamieD

JamieD AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    life member NAHC NRA
    Hunted:
    US, RSA, ZIM
    I have shot quit a few 260 accubonds out of my 375 RUM. For me they were very accurate. I have only used them for small game rabbits, pigeons and other small critters for practice.

When I compare the damage that they do to these little guys compared to a TSX. I believe, as the others have said, these would be a great plains game, lion, or leopard bullet. I wouldn't consider them for buff not enough weight to start with or enough penetration. I also believe that on a eland at close range one may not want to hit the on-side shoulder.

I think the h&h and the 260 accubond is a great choice for much of the big game shot not only in Africa but the world.

5. WST416

WST416 AH Veteran

Member of:
    SCI, Member of Denver SCI chapter, DU
    Hunted:
    US,Canada,Argentina,Botswana,South Africa
    Nosler is now also making a 300gr accubond for .375.

6. sestoppelman

sestoppelman SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia, South Africa (2)
    I like the Accubond but for tough game I think I would still opt for the Partition.

7. idmedic

idmedic New Member

I shoot the 260 Accubond in my Win 70 375 H&H. They perform great for me. Idaho elk and bear. Alaska moose, grizzly and blackies. No failures. They have all my confidence.

8. Hank2211

Hank2211 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
    Hunted:
    Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province), Cameroon, Argentina
    Lots of bullets will do the job, but different hunters tend to develop pretty fixed views in favor of one or another, and they aren't easily moved. In my case, I've shot a number of different types, including Accubonds, but I've settled on what I think is the best bullet out there - the 300 grain Barnes TSX. Swift A-Frames are second on my list. Never had a problem with either one, but the Barnes seem - to me - to cause more devastating wounds than the A-Frames and certainly more than the Accubonds. I'll put up with some extra gun cleaning to get that (and if I was being honest, I sort of enjoy any opportunity to handle my rifles, including cleaning them!).

As for the weight of the bullet, if I'm going to shoot my .375, it's because I want something other than a long, flat-shooting calibre. If I was looking for a higher velocity bullet, I'd probably change rifles, rather than bullets.

Just my two cents - as I say, all hunters tend to form their own opinions on this subject, and aren't easily moved!

9. colorado

colorado AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    With a 375 Weatherby you can shoot those 300g Partitions at 2700 fps or faster, as flat as a 30-06 with 180g bullets. Should work on most anything except elephant.

10. sestoppelman

sestoppelman SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia, South Africa (2)
    Do you mean the cartridge or the bullet isnt up to handling elephant?

11. colorado

colorado AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    The bullet, solids for elephant.

12. arees79

arees79 New Member

Member of:
    SCI Life Member, Dallas Safari Club Life Member
    Hunted:
    New zealand, North America, Africa, Russia
    375 Accubond 260gr.

I load the 260gr in my win 70 375HH and with 64gr of hodgsons Im shooting 2450 over 3 5-shot groups. They are great, I hunted pretty much all available plains game in South Africa and Mozambique. From eland down to duiker. Much better performance I thought than the triple shocks I've used before. Planning on taking them again. Also took mixed bag with them in new zealand, no problems.

13. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Good question Ses. Good answer Colorado.
    Saw an awful lot of elephant skulls with little round .375 holes in them when in SA.
    Since my PH was running around with one to protect my butt from Elephants I guess we get his vote too. :)