375 H&H Mag scope

I guess I'm still living in the Dark ages! I wouldnt pay that much for ANY scope! Still, good is good and I'll bet side by side with a similar priced Leupold, the Zeiss would win. JM NOT SHO! :rolleyes:

Neither would I, most of my scopes were bought in the $300 to $400 range. I have one 6.5-20x 40 mm that I paid $480 for in a Leupold VIII...that is far as I'll go. I definitely will not knock anyone that owns a nicer scope for sure. I just work within my budget. I think Leupold is alright. I am starting to question all the new products they are making, because it seems they are trying to sell cheaper scopes where the light transmission isn't as good. But lucky for me I think I bought my last scope this year. Equally impressive, is that I never have been scope eyed....and I thank Leupold for there great eye relief.

Neither would I, most of my scopes were bought in the $300 to $400 range. I have one 6.5-20x 40 mm that I paid $480 for in a Leupold VIII...that is far as I'll go. I definitely will not knock anyone that owns a nicer scope for sure. I just work within my budget. I think Leupold is alright. I am starting to question all the new products they are making, because it seems they are trying to sell cheaper scopes where the light transmission isn't as good. But lucky for me I think I bought my last scope this year. Equally impressive, is that I never have been scope eyed....and I thank Leupold for there great eye relief.

enysse i just looked on the website optics planet NW was talking about and they have the conquest 3-9x40 scopes on sale starting at $399.95. if i lived over there i would grab a couple more from them me thinks....

enysse i just looked on the website optics planet NW was talking about and they have the conquest 3-9x40 scopes on sale starting at $399.95. if i lived over there i would grab a couple more from them me thinks....

Phil says they are going to be on sale at Cabelas for $300..so that makes it a really good deal.

I think it healthy to talk about what everyone is using for scopes. I had no idea that the conquest scope was selling that well. I don't see too many on guns out by my area.

Phil says they are going to be on sale at Cabelas for $300..so that makes it a really good deal.

I think it healthy to talk about what everyone is using for scopes. I had no idea that the conquest scope was selling that well. I don't see too many on guns out by my area.

I just recieved a Cabela's flyer in the mail yesterday. The 3 x 9 x 40 Conquest is on sale for $299.00.

i would up it to 3 if i could get them at $300.00!!!!!!! you get some good deals that side of the water...:)

if i was meat78 i would buy one of those and then buy a lower powered variable as well, he would have the best of both worlds and not spend a fortune.

I just recieved a Cabela's flyer in the mail yesterday. The 3 x 9 x 40 Conquest is on sale for $299.00.

That is a very good price!
But if anyone ever hunts in low light conditions and don't own a Swarovski or a German Made Zeiss yet, I think it is very much worth the money to spend $1000 for a Zeiss Duralyt.
It is extremely much better than a Leupold or a Zeiss Conquest in low light conditions.

That is a very good price!
But if anyone ever hunts in low light conditions and don't own a Swarovski or a German Made Zeiss yet, I think it is very much worth the money to spend $1000 for a Zeiss Duralyt.
It is extremely much better than a Leupold or a Zeiss Conquest in low light conditions.

i was told that the conquest scopes are zeiss`s cheaper end of the line for the usa, and the duralyt is their cheaper line for europe. is this correct or was i given the wrong info?

i was told that the conquest scopes are zeiss`s cheaper end of the line for the usa, and the duralyt is their cheaper line for europe. is this correct or was i given the wrong info?

My understanding is that what makes the Conquest line cheaper is the 1" tube and they're assembled in the U.S. where the labor is cheaper. The parts come from Germany. It wouldn't surprise me if the glass is basically the same but with a bit less of the post glass cutting processes.

This is not correct.
The conquest line is as PHOENIX PHIL says made of German made parts. The glass is the same, but very little worked with and polished compared with the glass that is used in their German made scopes and binos.
It is the polishing and coating of the high quality Zeiss glass that makes the Duralyt and Zeiss Victory lines so much better when it comes to clarity, anti glare and light transmission.
The Duralyt line is very similar to the older Classic line when it comes to the glass quality and the Victory line is the best, and specially the HT models that have extreme light transmission(95%).

There is just no competition between the Conquest and the Duralyt lines when it comes to low light hunting conditions.

This is not correct.
The conquest line is as PHOENIX PHIL says made of German made parts. The glass is the same, but very little worked with and polished compared with the glass that is used in their German made scopes and binos.
It is the polishing and coating of the high quality Zeiss glass that makes the Duralyt and Zeiss Victory lines so much better when it comes to clarity, anti glare and light transmission.
The Duralyt line is very similar to the older Classic line when it comes to the glass quality and the Victory line is the best, and specially the HT models that have extreme light transmission(95%).

There is just no competition between the Conquest and the Duralyt lines when it comes to low light hunting conditions.

ok thanks for the details :)

I'm off to Zimbabwe next month for a one-rifle Buff/Leopard hunt. I'll be taking my Dakota 76 in 375 HH topped off with Swarovski Z6 1.7-10. It was very pricey but I have the benefit of a lighted reticle and 30MM tube for low light conditions (especially for the Leopard shot); Its low-powered enough for a close encounter with a Buffalo (1.7X) and goes up to 10X for plains game/bait shots.

why not get rid of scopes and just use the perfectly good iron sights that have been on the barrel for a few years....AHHHH you lot that side of the water like smooth barrels .... ok just having a laugh ......

Yes, I do like smooth barrels, and all of my rifles that I put scopes on were either ordered smooth, without iron sights, or I removed the iron sights and plugged the screw holes when I mounted the scopes.

A few years ago I saw a good deal on a Model 94 Winchester .30-30 so I bought it. When I got it home and shouldered it, I immediately noticed that both the front and rear sights were just a blur. I had Lasik eye surgery that corrected my vision so I can now see a blade of grass at 100 yds or count the points on a buck a quarter mile away, but anything within a couple of yards of these 67 year old eyes is blurred. If I put on reading glasses to see the close stuff then the rest of the world is blurred. :mad:

I for one like sights on my guns, just in case of a rare scope failure. I also think a rifle just looks better with irons on it. I sure would never take off the sights a gun came with. There simply is no need to do so. They dont weigh anything at all and dont cause problems, but are there if you need them. I have never had a scope fail in the field but several went south at the range. I have never compared the Conquest to Zeiss's top end scopes but feel that if my Conquest scopes dont give me enough light transmission, its likely too bloody dark anyway! Too easy to make mistakes at dusk and if you do, its too late to track wounded critters and having had one wounded critter have to wait until next day to track because of darkness, well thats enough for me. Never did find it, the one that got away.:mad:

It's quite interesting but ..but ... the thread is "A scope for my .375 H&H" ... not for a 7Rm or .270WSM ... or speeder ammos.:lookaround:
The range is not the same, the game is not the same, no ? So the performance waiting are not the same.:p
Best tube : diametre 30mm for brightness, if 1" not so bad because the game which needs .375 H&H are not small I know ...:elch:....:sting:
A game, a need, an ammo/rifle, a scope considering the "best practices" ... and maybe a efficient hunter (quite common ...:first:).
A non perfect scope , "good priced", reliable, strong can be enough. No ?:victory:

To me a .375 is a all round gun for everything and because of this I choose a scope for all round hunting.
And a .375 loaded with the right bullet is flat shooting a decent longish range rig :)

If i wanted a pure DG gun I would get a .416 minimum and most likely something even bigger. Then the choice of sights and scope would be different.

To me a .375 is a all round gun for everything and because of this I choose a scope for all round hunting.
And a .375 loaded with the right bullet is flat shooting a decent longish range rig :)

If i wanted a pure DG gun I would get a .416 minimum and most likely something even bigger. Then the choice of sights and scope would be different.

.416 and upper : no scope iron sights !!!
Rifle or double ?? without considering the ... $$$$ ...

.416 and upper : no scope iron sights !!!
Rifle or double ?? without considering the ... $$$$ ...

Without considering money at all, I would love to have a top quality double, but if I had only up to $7-8000 to buy a gun, I would get a bolt rifle.

I just found a Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6 scope for my CZ 550 .375 H&H mag on ebay - for USD 299.00 + $39.00 postage to Australia. It MAY be a dud, but if it isn't - I guess some folks are going to cry themselves to sleep tonight! Going rate for same scope is AUD 1760.00 (AUD and USD being nearly 1:1). It just pays to look. I got an Meopta Artemis 3-12 there last year for about $300.00 as well (also from the USA), and it is perfect for my 6.5x55.

I just found a Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6 scope for my CZ 550 .375 H&H mag on ebay - for USD 299.00 + $39.00 postage to Australia. It MAY be a dud, but if it isn't - I guess some folks are going to cry themselves to sleep tonight! Going rate for same scope is AUD 1760.00 (AUD and USD being nearly 1:1). It just pays to look. I got an Meopta Artemis 3-12 there last year for about $300.00 as well (also from the USA), and it is perfect for my 6.5x55.

Good luck with that! Let us know whether it says "Made in China":nailbiter:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeCast

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg