375 H&H and 300 H&H

We do a rust blue on a gun. I am sure I can do more than one gun if I choose to do so. I will check out some more of the matte bluing from other guys that are doing it right now. I looked it up on google images and it had a slightly different color than I saw at school.

I like the name and the slogan for the business venture. I don't think anyone could turn down a business with the name or slogan that show so much care and customer satisfaction.

Parsons,

Probably you are right about the slogan, it could make us gazillionares (no doubt).
I repeat myself by saying "rust blue is the gun metal finish of The Gods"
The ones I have are somewhere around such very dark charcoal color that in other than bright daylight, they look black but not as flat as bead blasted/hot tanked is and nowhere as shiny as high polish blue either.

With the word "rust" in it, one would think such a finish would be at risk in wet weather but I am happy to report that, it resists oxidation better than regular bluing by a noticeable margin.
But no doubt in your schooling, you already know more about that subject than most of us ever will.

Again, I am envious that you are able to build proper Mausers.
Alas, most of us have to pay someone else to build them for us.

Cheers,
YouKnowWhoWithNaughtyInitials, teeheeheee.

Last edited:
excellent slogan :LOL:(n)

Thanks Spike, perhaps I should have it copyrighted and sue any Gunsmith that tries to use it, without the express permission of the dried up old geezer who wrote it.
Parsons of course already has express permission.

I repeat myself by saying "rust blue is the gun metal finish of The Gods

Velo Dog is correct. +1

Thanks Spike, perhaps I should have it copyrighted and sue any Gunsmith that tries to use it, without the express permission of the dried up old geezer who wrote it.
Parsons of course already has express permission.

and my percentage of course................;)

and my percentage of course................;)

As they say in Minnesota.....Yah sure, you betcha, soonz the money stahrts rollin in goshdarnit.

Been out of town this weekend and got a nice laugh out of these posts. I will of course try to rust blue both mausers. not sure how long they will take to do properly but I will ask and find out. Tomorrow is back to work on the second mauser and getting it to cock smoothly. it was hard to open once the trigger was pulled. I have gotten it smoother but still not as good as I want. I am lapping the lugs and the cocking surface at same time so killing 2 birds with one stone. Came home and had most of my reloading supplies waiting for me. All I am waiting on now is the 300 H&H brass.

Been out of town this weekend and got a nice laugh out of these posts. I will of course try to rust blue both mausers. not sure how long they will take to do properly but I will ask and find out. Tomorrow is back to work on the second mauser and getting it to cock smoothly. it was hard to open once the trigger was pulled. I have gotten it smoother but still not as good as I want. I am lapping the lugs and the cocking surface at same time so killing 2 birds with one stone. Came home and had most of my reloading supplies waiting for me. All I am waiting on now is the 300 H&H brass.

I for one, am living vicariously through your rifle building experiences and repeat myself here; both are perfect calibers, just perfect.

Well I guess its a good thing that someone lives vicariously through me haha. Well 300 H&H brass came in today so now I have everything needed. Didn't get any work done on the mauser today as they were giving presentations all day.

Little update on the 300 H&H. I got it cycling 100% today. All that is left to do on it is straighten the bolt knob to shape it and then bend it back to what I want, have a little sanding to do on inside the action to get the machine marks out and cut barrel to length and crown it.

Little update on the 300 H&H. I got it cycling 100% today. All that is left to do on it is straighten the bolt knob to shape it and then bend it back to what I want, have a little sanding to do on inside the action to get the machine marks out and cut barrel to length and crown it.

Excellent.

Can't wait for pictures of your projects.

A dream two rifle battery.
Unless lots of elephants are planned this is about as good as it gets.

I know it has been a while but any pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg