3 gun African battery

Semi autos are not legal for hunting in most SA provinces. Yes, there are exceptions but I doubt your friendly SAPS officers at OR Tambo are going to issue import permits for a semi auto without prior permission. And if it has a military look, like an AR does, then expect plenty of PITA! Why even risk it - just bring your favourite varminting bolt gun and ask the tracker to work the bolt for you if it's too much hassle for you:LOL:
Well that's why I would not dream of taking anything with me without first making sure it would be OK.

The only thing I'd even consider taking a semi auto for to begin with is predator hunting where multiple targets and quick engagement of them is common.

That is why the semi auto rifles are so popular with varmint hunters here in the US.

What I was considering bringing primarily was a Ruger 10/22 magnum which is a rimfire. They are great for predator/varmint hunting at 200yds or less and there's very little danger of secondary hits from a pass through or miss doing any real damage.

Good bit of info though, thanks.

What Red Leg and Pondoro said +1

When my father found out I was a hunting nut at a young age he used to tell me the same thing.

I think many of us share the same feeling at times as we romanticise that period and would have so loved to see Africa "as it was" in that era.

John Wayne and Doctari ruined me before I got out of grade school!

I hear what you are saying, even though I make my own carbon fibre stocks it doesn't feel right to take a stainless steel carbon fibre rifle to Africa.

waiting patiently is the hardest thing in the world to master.
Ive already stated on another post how nice your gun work is , but that .404 Jeffery is buetifull !
When are you building mine ?

Would probably cost the same or less than the rifle you had Hardys make you.
Ha !!
Probably be cheaper .
I bet it would fire , reload , and not jam in the mag to .
Unlike my Hardys .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.