21 Day Tanzania Hunt Cancellation

Matt85
James will no doubt be able to sell this hunt given the discount. I'm sure there is someone out there who can do this and would in fact like to do it. Problem may be the dates.

So the $13,500 Gov fees & $4400 r/t costs would be on top of the $30K or normally priced $48,300?

I only ask to clarify as I agree that this is indeed a great price for a chance at so many of the dangerous game animals with very reasonable trophy fees. I've hunted in Zimbabwe twice & harvested bull elephant, leopard, Cape buffalo, lioness along with 20 various plains game but I'm not familiar with how Tanzania works.

It is definitely a rich man's hunt/safari but at the same time it is a bargain. For 70K you could get 4 of the big 5 and for 75K 6 of the big 7. For 80K you can get the big 6 and plus a fair amount of plains game. Expensive no doubt but think about how much individual hunts for each of those animals end up costing you? A fair bit more.

Also with the cost of the daily rate vs. the trophy fees you get a lot more bang for your buck going after all or most of the big 6 + plains game rather than just 1 or 2.

But as others have said, it definitely is a dream hunt.

Hunting the Selous CAN be very good - but be careful which Concession you are in. There are some Concessions there that have been used up. It is a very great part of TZ and if looked after it will be the last wild part left in Africca. When I hunted there the Game Scouts were pretty busy doing there own poaching and selling!!! Sad to see!!!

The $13.5K in govt fees would steer me away from it! That's ridiculous! Glad I hunted there when it was more affordable. Air charter at $4400 is about twice what we pay to get there from the states as well. That's insane as well.

it's huight but unfortunately, the TZ govt does not give us a choice. its really hardest on the younger guys who may never have enough money to hunt these places.

Its unfortunate that the govt cannot see how much revenue is lost due to such insane fees. I cannot be the only one who thinks such fees are sale killers.

I agree the fees are outrageous and they should be scaled back. as the TZ safari industry continues to struggle hopefully they will see the light. My only hope is that at least a good portion goes back into the areas for poaching control.

What is really sad is that I added up my wish list for this hunt........$88,580. Lotto, here I come! Truly a dream hunt though.

James I have question, you said 48,300 normal rate for 21days but this is 18 days right ?

Hi James, just out of curiosity did anyone jump on this or did it go unfilled?

Boy....those trophy fees really do make it tempting. My oh my......she says with wheels turning in her head.... LOL! :LOL:

Yes, this seemed like a great opportunity on a dream hunt. Just a very small target audience that has that much money and the ability to go on short notice. Pretty tough sell. Too bad...

That would be a great hunt and all in per animal the math works. But you go once and done. For that amount one could take a trip elsewhere once per year for several years and have a great collection of critters and memories. Hot the Wild Tanzania Safari, but lots of good times spread out over a few years... Much more manageable both meney and time wise. And I might contend more total fun and more varied or broader expieriances.

That would be a great hunt and all in per animal the math works. But you go once and done. For that amount one could take a trip elsewhere once per year for several years and have a great collection of critters and memories. Hot the Wild Tanzania Safari, but lots of good times spread out over a few years... Much more manageable both meney and time wise. And I might contend more total fun and more varied or broader expieriances.

I can't afford this trip, but here is how my warped mind works. Do this trip, hunt them all, and then have a great idea of which animals I really want to hunt again!

Well I do know my spell checker is getting the best of me!

Oh, thank God! I was afraid you were having a stroke Bob :D
My warped mind is thinking just like yours Royal27. How awesome would it be for that to be an option?

Last edited:
Oh, thank God! I was afraid you were having a stroke Bob :D
My warped my is thinking just like yours Royal27. How awesome would it be for that to be an option?

I thought he was just heading to a strip club! ;) which would lead to a stroke after his wife got done with him....

Hahaha, yeah blood clot from the contusions! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross