2013 Pronghorn Hunt

Discussion in 'GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide' started by RickB, Oct 31, 2012.

1. RickB

RickB AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA, WY)
    Hello all!

I have recently started a new job here in Ohio and unfortianetly have not had as much time to partisipater here on AH. But things have startrd to calm down a bit. So back to hunting! I am looking to do a Pronghorn hunt out west next year. It will be my dad and I partisipating in the hunt. After some internet research I am thinking I would like to hunt Colorado or south east Wyoming. Cost wise, I feel these areas will work best? I am not opposed to other areas if I can get them to fit my budget. I am looking to stay arround the $1500-$2000 range per person. Does not have to be an all inclusive hunt but it would be nice. So I am checking to see if anyone here has used an outfitter or could recomend one to use? Like I said I have done some research, but just looking for some recomendations.

Thanks

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
  3. flatsghost

flatsghost AH Member

Member of:
    SCI , NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, USA (Texas, Wyoming, Pennsylvania, Florida, California)
    I've hunted in the past with Triple Three Outfitters in Buffalo, WY. A bit north of where you're looking in WY, but a top notch outfit. Craig runs an outstanding camp and has a ton of property available. Either archery or rifle hunting you won't be dissapointed.

4. outdoorconnection

outdoorconnection AH Member

Sending you a PM Right away with some info.

5. iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Australia ( Northern Territory), New Zealand ( both the North and South Island), Namibia, RSA, England, Scotland, Argentina, Canada (Northwest Territories, Quebec, Alberta, Ontario), United States (WA,AZ,CO,NM,WY,NE,TX,OK,KS,SD,LA,MO,IL,KY,MI,OH,PA,NY,MD,NC,FL,AK)
    Rick,

Do not mess with Colorado. Honestly, we haven't the number of animals nor the opportunities like Wyoming. There are several areas in Wyoming with good "walk in" and public acess-finding good goats here is not rocket science. There are places around Medicine Bow, for example, where a pair of do-it-yourself hunters could get it done for less than $1000, for a week's time (minus tags). I will gladly assist you with details via PMs

6. gillettehunter

gillettehunter AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Kyrgyzstan South Africa
    I concur. There is a fair amount of public land with good access. A good mature antelope is not that tough to find. Any of the desert areas south or west of Casper have lots of antelope. A little research and a call to a Game and Fish biologist or two and you should be good to go. Further south has good numbers too. Bruce

7. TOM

TOM AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
    Hunted:
    Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
    Ive got outfitters in both placea in your price range if you are interested. Lodging and food included. Ill send a pm.

8. RickB

RickB AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA, WY)
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I have considered DIY hunts. I guess I just find it difficult to pill the trigger. I will be on a tight schedule and will only have the 3 days. 5-7 days and I would deff do the DIY hunt. I always enjoy DIY hunts. So I will look over the info and hopefully get something going in the next couple of months. Once again thanks all!