www.beingkarl.wordpress.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, United States, Louisiana
My SA 2012 trophies are home and without any of the challenges of last year. Three of the heads (Steenbok, duiker and bushbuck) will be mounted together in a group, they're small enough to fit into the low ceilings of my home. The remainder were processed as skulls and hides and they will be displayed throughout the house.

I find myself holding and feeling the hides, the blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, and impala are particularly striking, so is the springbok. I love looking at the scars that personalize the hides of the older animals, they've obviously been through some territory/female acquisition battles. And I can recall each of the specific hunts that is welded to each animal, none of them were "Oh, there it is, shoot it." They required stealth and effort and focus. And my PH Evert guided me for each, his skill and patience I remember with great fondness. Thanks once again, Evert.

And my wife loves the trophies almost as much as I. I guess my own "female acquisition scars" were well worth it.

IMG_3693.JPG

Love it when a plan comes together.

Skull mounts all look really good.

Everything looks good!

Congrats glad they made it home safe. I wish mine would get on a plane I've got a few spots cleared for them.

Upton,

I am sure I speak for just about everybody that I would love to see your trophies. Who did you us as your dip and pack/taxidermist? Who did you use as your importer getting them into the States? How long did it take from safari to arrival at home?

Thanks

Scott

Congrats, A good feeling indeed when they make it home, I just had 2 crates show up in November and I don't think I left The garage the entire day.

Good looking bunch of critters! They look well cared for too. I cant wait to see mine now, they arrived the first week of this month but I haven't been able to get home to see them yet - My Christmas comes Friday!!!

Congrats, it s nice when everything turns out well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross