2012 Global Rescue Story Contest

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Global Rescue, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Global Rescue

Global Rescue SPONSOR AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Grand Slam Club/Ovis
    Hi Everyone,

I believe Ivan Carter posted about this earlier, but in case you missed it, Global Rescue is running a story contest.

2012 Global Rescue Story Contest:

Hunters have great stories and we want to hear yours.

Not about the time you missed that 6x6 muley, or the 80-plus-pound tusker that gave you the slip.

We want to hear about the time you ran into a buffalo...Or, more accurately, the buffalo that ran into you.

Have you ever found yourself in the middle of a coup, drug war, a shooting match between tribes, or a tense situation with organized poaching gangs?

Or maybe you tumbled down a mountainside, or got so sick in camp that you thought you might not make it back to civilization.

Using the theme, "I lived to tell the tale" as a general guideline, write a story describing a time when you really needed Global Rescue. Stories will be reviewed by an expert panel and judged based on authenticity, originality, and the overall need for a GR membership.

Best TRUE story wins. Period.

1st Place Wins:

*Global Rescue Family Medical + Security Membership-Value: $1,155
    *1 Year Subscription with email upgrade to The Hunting Report- Value: $103.99
    *Your story published in The Hunting Report and announced to the hunting community via email and social media.

2nd Place Wins:

*Global Rescue Individual Medical + Security Membership- Value $655
    * Your story announced to the hunting community via email and social media.

Judges:

Ivan Carter, Professional Hunter & TV Host
    Jim Shockey, Professional Hunter and Outfitter
    Barbara Crown, Editor & Publisher of The Hunting Report

Stories (600 to 1,200 words) should be emailed to submissions@globalrescue.com by September 1, 2012. Please include your name, email, phone number and country of residence. For a complete list of contest rules and regulations, please visit Global Rescue Story Contest.

Good luck!

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    I am quite pleased that I can not participate, save for a complete fiction!! :)