2009 SA taxidermy ready to ship

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by chad, Aug 2, 2010.

1. chad

chad AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, NWTF
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA
    Here are the pics of the mounts from my 2009 trip to SA with Huntley Ferierra Safaris, and taxidermy done by Safari Taxidermy in Polokwane. I would highly recommend both. Note: the taxidermy had not had the finishing touches when photos were taken. For those who have shipped trophies back, is sea or air best. I have heard that sea takes longer but less likely to have trophies damaged. Thoughts?

impala

[​IMG]

gemsbok

[​IMG]

warthog

[​IMG]

kudu

[​IMG]

zebra

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. trophex

trophex New Member

Hunted:
    South Africa
    Chad

If you would like to save a little money you need to go by sea. I would rather pay a little extra because freight is fast and the system is pretty straight forward.

Bertus

3. chad

chad AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, NWTF
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA
    that is the consensus of what i have heard. Is there any truth to increasing the likelyhood of damage to the trophies if air freight is used?

4. Merry B

Merry B AH Member

Hello Chad,
    In my experience, the answer is no. We have all our hunters utilize air, and I think it is well worth the extra money. Plus, if you go by ocean, you will have to pay more to get them to their final destination as they will arrive on the east coast. With ocean freight, you can expect to wait for quite awhile for them even cross over- airfreight is much faster, and I think is handled less- just my 2cents!

5. trophex

trophex New Member

Hunted:
    South Africa
    Hi Chad

I have been exporting mounted trophies for many years now and non of them have ever arrived damage. I think that you will just need to make sure that whom ever is going to pack and crate them knows what their doing.

Bertus