10 Day Hunt For Two With Activities For My Wife

Airedale Marine

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
U.S.A.
I am looking for a hunt in either 2011 or 2012 for my adult son and myself for 7-10 days for plains game and hopefully a problem buff or two. After many years of talking about Africa my wife has finally said she might like to come along, so she needs some activities while we hunt. My wife has camped before, so a tent camp is fine. We aren't looking for record book animals, but want good representatives of their species. I don't work as I am disabled (I get around well), but our son works hard. If he isn't out of town he might be able to take off with about 30 days notice. We are open about animal species and want to hunt hard. NO canned hunts need apply. We are looking for free range animals, or at least fences so far apart the animals may as well be free ranging.

This is our first trip to Africa and am considering Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe and South Africa. I am hoping some of you will respond and give me all inclusive prices (without tips,taxidermy, airfare, and wife). Believe it or not, even though most of you have tried to simplify things it's still confusing for the first timer. Please respond directly to my e-mail below.

Semper Fi,
AiredaleMarine@att.net

Airedale Marine

For first timers i will always suggest South Africa and Namibia, what do you see as a CANNED hunt?

Best half hour or so you could invest would be with a consultant. I highly recomend Atcheson's, but there are others. Jack will quickly give you a feel for the art of the possible.

Hi.
I will email you some ideas today

Canned Hunts

In response to Bushwacks question regarding my definition of a canned hunt I would say that a canned hunt is one where the animals can't escape, are stocked, or otherwise limited by human intervention in their movements and/or their overall "wild behavior". If I wanted to shoot a cow I can do that right down the road without going half way around the world. I saw a film a few years back in which the "safari" operator had a leopard in a live animal trap inside a fenced in area about 50 feet in diameter. The "great white hunter" was let into the corral with instructions to shoot the cat when he came charging out of the trap. The cat had to be poked and prodded out of the trap, and only got about halfway out when our intrepid hero shot him. Now, this is all taking place within a few hours of the client landing in Africa and after murdering the leopard the client (a doctor) said he had to hurry back to the airport to catch his flight home. "Don't worry" the safari operator told him, "your trophy will be properly tanned and shipped to your home". I know this type of behavior is extreme, and it is despicable, but there are many levels at which "canned hunts" operate.

I am not wealthy and this will probably be my only trip to Africa. If I had the money I would do my safari the real "old fashioned" way with a line of porters and everyone sleeping in tents. The point is, I want this to be one of the greatest experiences of my life. I have saved for years and I won't take any shortcuts. I believe we all know the definition of "fair chase".

Semper Fi,
AiredaleMarine@att.net

Airedale Marine.

You get Outfitters and then you get 'Outfitters'...S.A has a lot of credible hunting Outfitters that run their hunting operation on a ethical manner even in a so called 'canned' environment. Don't understand me wrong, i second to your Leopard story, those Outfitters should be banned out of the hunting environment, but dealing with many hunting clients all over the world i assure you that most clients thought that even a small 1 500 acres of thick bushveld bush is easy to hunt in...they all tell different stories to their hunting friends now....

S.A has 5 different hunting environment (areas) and all differ from the other, so the hunting experience you' ll get will be different for eg. hunting in the Karoo will differ to the Bushveld (which is more challenging i think) and that again to the Kalahari. The hunting success rate will be better in the Free State that lets say the Bushveld region again...

It is absolutely your choice to hunt where you want too, and i would like to do a hunt someday based on the 'Old school way'

Cheers

Patrick

After you safaris in Africa think about Mauritius perhpas...

Hello to you, this is a good opportunity to bring all your family to Africa and take advantage of this wonderful experience together... Your son and your wife will enjoy it that's for sure. I went 8 time to S.A and in some other african countries (9 differents country) and I am sure that you will get exactly what you asked for...

After your trip or just before don't forget that can you can bring your family to a 5 stars hotel in Mauritius island (4 hours flight from Johanesburg only) and take advantage of white sand beach, worm weather, Mauritian legendary welcome AND a wonderfull 4000 Ha in ONE BLOC dedicated to the magnificent Rusa rusa deer.

You can take a look on my web-site on contact me... I will be happy to guide you.

Sincerely your's.

Lio

Airdale, sent you an email. Consider a Zambezi River Valley hunt. It is affordable and as close to that "old days" hunt that you can get.
Rastaman

Hi There

I have read your request and I am 100 percent sure I can help you!!

To start off I am running a hunting company in South Africa and for you as first time hunters this is the place to go. It is always better to start your hunting career to Africa in SA.

For you being disabled is no hassle for me I will be glad to help.
We will be hunting in the Limpopo province in the north of SA where I am based.
You can choose from Kudu Wildebeest Zebra Impala and much more I can arrange Buffalo cows for you to hunt in SA. The game we hunt are not canned please do not be confused by free roaming and fenced areas. We hunt on farms that are 1000 Hectares or 2470 Acres in size and bigger.

My wife can occupy your wife with allot of things to do and to see such as, a visit to the KRUGER PARK, a visit to the local villages to learn more about the VENDA cultures, there is the Holly Forrest and Lake Fundutzi. There is the 3000 year old Baobab tree to see some Pot holes. a Day in the Spa.
I think that can keep them busy for some time.

To get back to your hunting you can choose from Bow or Rifle you will be hunting 1xPH and 1xClient.
Your son is more than welcome to join you as a family.

I will PM you some more ideas

Thank
Bossie
LIMPOPO BIG GAME SAFARIS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg