Hunting Gear List for Rifle Hunters
This is a discussion on Hunting Gear List for Rifle Hunters within the Safari Planning Resource Guide forums, part of the ULTIMATE SAFARI PLANNING GUIDE category; Hunting Gear List for Rifle Hunters Hunting Gear - Rifle - Scope - Sling - Soft gun case, to protect ...
02-01-2008, 01:00 PM #1
Hunting Gear List for Rifle HuntersHunting Gear List for Rifle Hunters
- Soft gun case, to protect your rifle in the hunting vehicle or charter plane
- Ammunition pouch or belt
- Small screw driver, for your scope sight setting and glasses
- Pocket knife or Leatherman tool
- Binoculars strap or suspender support system (the latter will make wearing them more comfortable and secure with no swinging or bouncing)
- Spotting scope
- Range finder
- GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Shooting stick, most outfitters will have one that you can use or you can bring your own.
- Basic rifle cleaning kit, your outfitter will probably have one
- Small bag or back pack, for taking personal items on hunt (waterproof may be recommended for some hunts).
- Flashlight or headlamp with spare batteries and bulb
- Camera, lenses, flash and film, if not digital. If your camera is digital you might consider bringing a second memory stick, charger and/or batteries.
- Video camera, tapes or memory card/stick, charger and/or batteries. Ask your PH to take pictures with his own camera too, it's great back up
- Lens cleaning kit
- Ziploc bags, a great way to protect valuable equipment, like your binoculars or camera, from dust sand and water. Make sure that the bags are big enough to fit over your items while in their original cases to offer added protection. Ziplock bags are generally very useful and versatile, I never travel without them.
- Electric converter(s). Ask your outfitter as they may have a different current and/or outlet than the country standard at the lodge or camp. Check your newer electronics as many computers, cell phones, cameras, etc. will accept a wider range of electrical input, such as 100V through 240V and require only a plug adapter instead of a converter. These items may adapt automatically of have a switch to change voltage.
- Plug adapter(s)