Another Tragedy Wayne Clark Killed by Buffalo
This is a discussion on Another Tragedy Wayne Clark Killed by Buffalo within the News forums, part of the AfricaHunting.com category; Read this morning, Wayne Clark was killed by a buffalo in Lockisale in Tanzania. Not many details as of now. ...
07-12-2012, 04:31 AM #1
- Member of NRA, DU, DSC
- Hunted Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania
Another Tragedy Wayne Clark Killed by Buffalo
Read this morning, Wayne Clark was killed by a buffalo in Lockisale in Tanzania.
Not many details as of now.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Wayne and his Family.
07-12-2012, 05:50 AM #2
- Member of SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
- Hunted Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
Oh no. What a loss.Tom
07-12-2012, 06:04 AM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
This is getting dreadfully repetitive.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
07-12-2012, 06:17 AM #4
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Our prayers are with Wayne and his Family.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
07-12-2012, 06:31 AM #5
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
If this too was the result of following wounded game, I hope this tragedy is driving home a point to all of the DG hunters out there. That first shot is critical! Practice, practice, then practice some more. Your entire safari teams safety is dependent on you placing your shot where you are suppose to. It's your PH and trackers job to put you into the position to make this shot, it is only you that makes the ultimate decision to pull the trigger.
Prayers said for Wayne's family. If anyone get's information on a fund set up for the family, please share with AH readers!
07-12-2012, 06:54 AM #6
- Member of Safari Club International, Serbia
- Hunted Ex YU, Namibia, Sweden
- Serbian Hunter has no Photos
This is happening more often that we know. Just met doctor in Windhoek, Namibia who already have his own Big 5 he was stitching victims of all 5 of them! Just came back from my 2nd Namibian hunt during which my PH & friend have been charged by black rhino. He got several though injuries and internal bleeding and doctors were fighting for his life. After two weeks he finally left ICU (Intensive care). Wish him luck and good & fast recovery!
Do not underestimate those animals - after I saw my PH on the ground, giving him 1st aid I just became aware how powerful and fast this beast can be!
07-12-2012, 06:59 AM #7
- Member of SCI, PHASA, IPHA
- Hunted South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
07-12-2012, 07:11 AM #8
- Member of AfricaHunting.com
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, France, Spain, USA
My sincere condoleances to the Wayne's Family.
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).
Click HERE to Support AH
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
07-12-2012, 08:27 AM #9
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
07-12-2012, 09:28 AM #10
- Member of by this point, just select 3 - 7 letters, put them together in any given order and I am probably a lifetime member
- Hunted US, Canada, Mexico
- Second Wind has no Photos
First, my most heart-felt condolences go to all of Wayne's family and friends.
However, at the risk of sounding morbid, I do feel it is important to assemble all of the after-action detail available concerning a tragedy such as this for the benefit of those that follow.
I have always found it equally instructive and, at times, far less painful, to learn from the experience(s) of others.
We all, I believe, look forward to learning as many of the pertinent details of this sad event as can be tastefully conveyed.
Until then, the family and survivors of Mr. Clark remain in my prayers."He even took the gramophone on safari. Three rifles, provisions for a month and . . . . Mozart"
07-12-2012, 11:27 AM #12
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA)
07-12-2012, 12:31 PM #13
- Member of SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
- Hunted Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
My condolences to Mr Clarks family. I see a chilling trend.The best hunt are the one in your dreams, the next best are the one in your memories.
07-12-2012, 12:52 PM #14
- Member of ABO (African Bow Hunting Organization)(Bow Hunting Instructor for ABO)
- Hunted South Africa and Mozambique
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Clark Family.Niel Uys
PO Box 978, Pongola, 3170, South Africa
07-12-2012, 01:12 PM #15
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
Thank you for your information. It is with great sadness that the hunting community has lost another member. Thought and prayers to the family...
In checking the Tanzania (TPHA Members) Mr. Clark was not a current member. However i was able to find a Wayne Clark who works for Adam Clements Safari Trackers, Inc. However i am sure he was not a member due to the high cost of non resident license fees.
James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
07-12-2012, 01:19 PM #16
- Member of SCI, NRA, GS/OVIS, B&C
- jimmyg has no Photos
So sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends. I booked some hunts for Wayne quite a few years ago when he was hunting on the family ranch in Zimbabwe. He was a fine young man, RIP Wayne...
07-12-2012, 07:09 PM #17
- Dallashunt has no Photos
I knew Wayne very well. Iam sick and saddened and feel terrible for his family. RIP my old friend. You were a great man.
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM #18
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
Thoughts and prayers to the family."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith
07-13-2012, 11:24 AM #19
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
Sad news, my condolences to the family.
07-13-2012, 07:05 PM #20
- Member of Patron NRA, SCI, KRVSA,
- Hunted USA (Fl, Ga, Tn, Kt,Sc, Al, Tx, Nm, Co, Mt, Wy), Canada (Alberta, Manitoba), New Zealand (north & South), South Africa (Kalahari & Limpopa)
Sad bay and prayers for all the familyBigun
By Buff-Buster in forum NewsReplies: 15Last Post: 07-13-2012, 06:47 PM
By Mike70560 in forum NewsReplies: 34Last Post: 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM
By Gregf in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 5Last Post: 03-29-2011, 05:47 PM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum NewsReplies: 7Last Post: 12-07-2010, 10:29 AM