Hunt with African Days Safaris
This is a discussion on Hunt with African Days Safaris within the Namibia Hunting Reports forums, part of the Hunting Reports & Questions About Outfitters/PHs category; Left for my first Safari September 12, flew from MSP to Dulles on to JFK, following day left for Johannesburg, ...
10-23-2012, 01:31 PM #1
- Member of Hudson Rod and Gun Club, NRA, SCI
- Stuart70 has no Articles
- View Stuart70's Photos
Hunt with African Days Safaris
Left for my first Safari September 12, flew from MSP to Dulles on to JFK, following day left for Johannesburg, then on to Windhoek, Namibia. Had definate concerns with rifles, evrything was handled wonderfully. South African Airlines, took care of rifles in NewYork, and they were waiting for us in Police holding in Namibia. No sooner did we get our bags and Jaco and Marius were there to greet us and get us to the vehicles. We had an hour drive to Khaya Guest House in Okahandja. We arrived and were greeted with dinner of Kudu sausage, oryx steaks, potato lasgna and Windhoek lager. Guest house was a great first night, it allowed us to unwind and spens some time with our PHs around the boma. Our group of four hunted four differnt concessions of 25,000 hectares. We harvested zebra, warthog, gemsbok, springbok, blesbok, blackwildebeest and red hartebeest. Five of our animals will qualify for NAPHA medals, two gold two silver and a bronze, the warthog and gemsbok will also qualify for patron medals. Our PHs were extremely knowledgeable, able to find us quality animals, and most importantly IMO patient. This was my Moms first hunt, our PH put her on a 700lb zebra, and a beatiful red hartebeest. Camps were very comfortable, with many amenities,food was exceptional, we wanted to eat all game and they provided that for us. Hot water at all camps, drinkable well water. Would highly recommend African Days Safaris for anyone interested. We were treated well by everyone who was involved in our safari from Pieter the owner, to Elaine our booking agent to all staff in Africa. Pics to follow.
10-24-2012, 03:22 AM #2
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOCMAN has no Articles
- View DOCMAN's Photos
Great stuff. It's always good to hear about a trip that went well.PROELIO PROCUSI - Brothers need not always to have the same Mother.
10-24-2012, 10:56 AM #3
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Good to hear, I prefer to eat all africa game meat too, when in Africa.
10-24-2012, 01:19 PM #4
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
sounds like youse had a great hunt with a good outcome in the trophy department
the whole outfit sounds great
10-24-2012, 05:06 PM #5
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Looking forward to the pictures!
10-24-2012, 06:24 PM #6
- Member of SSAA, NZDA
- Hunted Germany, NZ, Australia
- timbear has no Articles
- timbear has no Photos
11-06-2012, 03:03 AM #7
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Sounds like you had the best of times looking forward to the pics. And Welcome to AH!Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
By Stuart70 in forum Namibia Hunting ReportsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-25-2013, 01:37 PM
By bdmd5093 in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 15Last Post: 06-11-2012, 09:06 PM
By huntingbigun in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 13Last Post: 04-29-2012, 10:00 AM
By GaryO in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 20Last Post: 11-05-2011, 07:08 AM
By Karamojo Bill in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 10Last Post: 11-24-2010, 10:42 PM