Safari on Goedehoop Game Ranch
This is a discussion on Safari on Goedehoop Game Ranch within the Namibia Hunting Reports forums, part of the Hunting Reports & Questions About Outfitters/PHs category; I just returned from Africa on a ten day safari at the Goedehoop Ranch. I had a wonderful time and ...
05-29-2012, 07:57 AM #1
Safari on Goedehoop Game Ranch
I just returned from Africa on a ten day safari at the Goedehoop Ranch. I had a wonderful time and toke seven spedies of game. I will now try to post some photos
05-29-2012, 08:09 AM #2
Here are a couple more shots. The blesbock got up after I shot him and I brained him. So not to good of a photo, I think my taxidermist can fix him. We had to stick his eye back end and try to hold his horns together.
05-29-2012, 08:39 AM #3
- Member of NRA, SCI, NAHC, RMEF, NBU, WSF
- Hunted Namibia, RSA
- Nevada Wapati has no Articles
- View Nevada Wapati's Photos
Some fine looking animals, Congatulations. What's the seventh animal taken?
05-29-2012, 08:48 AM #4
Looks like a female blesbok?Tom
05-29-2012, 08:51 AM #5
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Congratulations for your hunt !
05-29-2012, 09:00 AM #6
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape)
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
CongratsThe journey is the reward.
What a great hunt. Nice!When I am not hunting, I am thinking about hunting....I think I'll go hunting.
05-29-2012, 11:14 AM #8
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Thanks for the pictures! I love the curls on that kudu! Very nice impala too!
05-29-2012, 11:37 AM #9
Some good trophies..... Congrats!!
05-29-2012, 02:58 PM #10
05-29-2012, 03:55 PM #11
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
nice pictures of a good safariJames Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
05-29-2012, 04:00 PM #12
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Thanks for sharing your pictures of your hunt.
Nice job on the Blesbok.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
05-29-2012, 05:35 PM #13
- Member of SCI, NRA
- Hunted South Africia Alaska, Canada, Most Western US
- arizona has no Articles
- View arizona's Photos
Great hunt,really like the Kudu
05-29-2012, 07:54 PM #14
- Member of NRA Life member, DU, Nature Conservancy, Delta Waterfowl, Dallas Safari Club, Avery Pro-staff
- Hunted South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Louisiana
- Upton O. Good has no Articles
- View Upton O. Good's Photos
Congrats on a great hunt.
05-29-2012, 08:12 PM #15
Thanks for sharing your trophies with us lawyers!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
05-31-2012, 10:45 AM #16
It was a great hunt. Johan owns 50,000 acreas down by Aranos on the Botswana border. He also has another 250000 in concessions. The next time I go I will go for Hartman Zevra, Warthog, Waterbuck, Black Wildebeest and maybe Eland. We would have to hunt up by Windhoke for Zebra and Warthog and then go south. I loved hunting the Hartebeest. Johan thought that lions had chased it in from Botswana. He sometimes has problems with lion and leapords from Botswana killing sheep and cattle. I shot everything with a 300 ruger compact mag and had a 338 win mag for a backup rifle. Like everyone said you don't go to Africa once and am already thinking of the second trip with Johan.
05-31-2012, 11:34 AM #17
thats it your hooked
05-31-2012, 12:24 PM #18
- Member of PHASA, SA Hunters and Conservation
- Koedoeberg has no Articles
- View Koedoeberg's Photos
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM #19
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
lwaters, You took some very nice animals on your trip. Congrats to you."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche
05-31-2012, 01:27 PM #20
The kudu green measured 59 1/2 and 62. Probably the best trophy I will ever take. My PH is checking it out to see where it ranks in the southern kalahari of Namibia.
By Baobab in forum Hunting Video Clips Watch InstantlyReplies: 5Last Post: 02-27-2013, 07:29 AM
By Dlzbrg in forum Namibia Hunting ReportsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-08-2013, 09:34 PM
By akeate in forum Free ClassifiedsReplies: 5Last Post: 09-14-2012, 04:52 PM
By Baobab in forum Hunting Conventions, Shows & EventsReplies: 11Last Post: 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
By Baydog in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2011, 08:37 AM