African Days Safaris Photos
This is a discussion on African Days Safaris Photos within the Namibia Hunting Reports forums, part of the Hunting Reports & Questions About Outfitters/PHs category; Gonna try to upload photos to the website from our trip to Namibia in October. I was told to post ...
02-23-2013, 08:05 PM #1
- Member of Hudson Rod and Gun Club, NRA, SCI
- Stuart70 has no Articles
- View Stuart70's Photos
African Days Safaris Photos
Gonna try to upload photos to the website from our trip to Namibia in October. I was told to post photos of our trip an tell stories. I hope this works as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Harvested Zebra, 2 warthog, blue wildebeest, gemsbok. Brother harvested red hartebeest, springbok and black wildebeest. Mom and dad filled zebra, kudu, widebeest and blesbok tags. My first warthog was shot on our second day we hunted hard missing several oppurtunities on blue wildebeest and springbok. Near the end of the day I was approaching my physical limit. Spotted our hog 75 yards away, it was taken with a single shot from my 338 win mag. This was my first animal harvested in Namibia. It was any incredibly emotional feeling knowing my brother was with me and my PH had given me the oppurtunity to harvest this beauty. Its amazing how the aches leave the body when the photos start!! My second hog was taken several days later, this was a beauty. 14 7/8 tusk, sadly the other was broken off, but as you can tell even Maarius was excited about this animal. This was a gold medal winner and one of the biggest harvested taken with MArius this year. He tells me his german hunters were envious of the photos!! My gemsbok was taken on the last day of the trip.we had glassed animals for two weeks, unable to get within 400 yards of these magnificent animals. He presented himself at a water hole while we ate lunch. JP and I were able to close to 247 yards, and I was able to take this trophy. My zebra tipped the scales at 770 lbs. My brother shot the picture unknown to me. This picture captures the hunt for me. Giving thanks to the animal, a sadness, and an exhilerating moment, being one with the moment feeling the heat of the sun, smelling the musk, the dust on his back...........god I need to get back to Africa. This is a land that gets in your blood. What a humbling experience.
02-23-2013, 08:54 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Thanks for sharing.
That last picture does tell a story.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
02-23-2013, 08:58 PM #3
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Looks like you had a great time.
thank you for sharing the story and photos with us.James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM #4
Thank you for posting your hunt report and trophy photos!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
02-24-2013, 01:38 AM #5
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
Congrats, those are some nice critters thereThe journey is the reward.
02-24-2013, 05:33 AM #6
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Congrats on your hunt, and thanks for sharing !
02-24-2013, 06:20 AM #7
- Member of Local clubs
- Hunted Canada and RSA
- garyleach has no Articles
- View garyleach's Photos
Congrates, the last 3 or 4 sentences of your story sums it up!!!!
02-24-2013, 06:49 AM #8
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Congrats on your hunt and thanks for sharing it with us those are some fine trophies and great pics.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
02-25-2013, 06:28 AM #9
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Congrat's on a great hunt and thanks for sharing! Love the last Zebra picture.
02-25-2013, 07:43 AM #10
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Thanks for the hunting pictures! Some really nice animals! Love the springbok! Very mature oryx!
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM #11
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
thanks for sharing your african adventure and showing us your pictures stuart 70
i really like the markings on your zebra
well done mate
By Stuart70 in forum Namibia Hunting ReportsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-06-2012, 02:03 AM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 12Last Post: 03-02-2012, 03:30 PM
By CAWA in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 27Last Post: 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM
By henrygriffiths in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 4Last Post: 06-27-2011, 10:25 PM
By Karamojo Bill in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 10Last Post: 11-24-2010, 09:42 PM