DO NOT BOOK with SAFRIQUE!
Deputy Doc, George,
Could not agree with you more. We booked with Safrique this year 2011 in Mahimba (not that concession matters).
1. Found Camp conditions in deplorable condition... no water, PH with Malaria
2. No Boat as promised and as stated in contract.. Not only unavailable: Safrique, Nick, and the Muns knew it would not be available when they booked and promised.
3. NO Hunting Vehicles... PH drove us 8 hours in the back of his pickup from Quellimane and we used this pickup the first 3 days until axle failure. This left us with a delapitated rover with no brakes, suspension or room.
4. 10 days later no replacement vehicle, no camp supplies, and an 8 hour ride back in the rover, with 5 camp staff.
5. Camp Staff had not been paid in months and made for a less than hospitable environment.
6. No Camp resupply so Camp Staff raided Poacher's camp for supplies.
7. I feel SCI, DSC, U.S. State Dept, and all Other Conscientious Outdoorsmen need to be proactive in shutting Safrique Down.