Rhino, this is getting old
This is a discussion on Rhino, this is getting old within the Latest Hunting News forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Police (File, Sapa) Johannesburg - No arrests have been made after six rhino carcasses were found in a game reserve ...
08-10-2012, 10:13 AM #1
- Member of KZN Hunting & Conservation, CHASA, NRA
- Hunted USA,Zim,RSA,Russia,Moz
- saeng101 has no Articles
- View saeng101's Photos
Rhino, this is getting old
Police (File, Sapa)
Johannesburg - No arrests have been made after six rhino carcasses were found in a game reserve in North West, and another rhino was found dehorned but alive, police said on Friday.
"Investigations are continuing," said Naidoo.
The six carcasses were found at Borakalalo Game Reserve, situated 60km north of Brits, on Tuesday, said spokesperson Colonel Vishnu Naidoo.
"Another rhino was found alive but without its horn at the Madikwe Game Reserve on the same day."
Madikwe is about 90km north of Zeerust.
The six carcasses had no horns, he said.
Nearly 300 rhinos have been poached this year, according to the environmental affairs department.
Last year, 448 rhinos were poached countrywide, 252 of these in the Kruger National Park.
08-10-2012, 01:20 PM #2
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
what going on with the park rangersJames Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM #3
- Member of SA Hunters, SA Wingsooters
- Hunted South Africa (Limpopo, North West, Free State, Mpumalanga, Kwa-Zulu Natal)
- davidhein has no Articles
- davidhein has no Photos
Greed is the killer - and in this case the rhino are suffering at the hands of a few.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodet?" (who will guard the guards themselves?)
08-10-2012, 10:21 PM #4
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
This was sad and tiring long ago.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
08-11-2012, 12:04 AM #5
- Member of SSAA, NZDA
- Hunted Germany, NZ, Australia
- timbear has no Articles
- timbear has no Photos
The oldest cosmetic surgery known in medical history were nose replacements with a triangle of skin from the forehead in India - because cutting off the nose was a common punishment for some forms of severe theft! Something to think about when they get their hands on a poacher...Overkill is underestimated!
08-11-2012, 08:59 AM #6
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape)
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
I like cutting of hands better but why not just do both since the nose somhow seems fitting in the case of Rhino poachers.The journey is the reward.
By Fritz Rabe in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 7Last Post: 05-23-2012, 12:24 AM
By CheetauSafaris in forum Hunts OFFERED or WANTED WorldwideReplies: 2Last Post: 04-01-2012, 12:17 PM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2011, 11:56 AM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Hunting Video Clips Watch InstantlyReplies: 9Last Post: 09-11-2011, 07:00 PM
By AFRICAN INDABA in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-20-2011, 06:44 PM