Another Tragedy Wayne Clark Killed by Buffalo
This is a discussion on Another Tragedy Wayne Clark Killed by Buffalo within the Latest Hunting News forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Read this morning, Wayne Clark was killed by a buffalo in Lockisale in Tanzania. Not many details as of now. ...
07-12-2012, 04:31 AM #1
Another Tragedy Wayne Clark Killed by Buffalo
Read this morning, Wayne Clark was killed by a buffalo in Lockisale in Tanzania.
Not many details as of now.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Wayne and his Family.
07-12-2012, 05:50 AM #2
Oh no. What a loss.Tom
07-12-2012, 06:04 AM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
This is getting dreadfully repetitive.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
07-12-2012, 06:17 AM #4
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Our prayers are with Wayne and his Family.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
07-12-2012, 06:31 AM #5
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
If this too was the result of following wounded game, I hope this tragedy is driving home a point to all of the DG hunters out there. That first shot is critical! Practice, practice, then practice some more. Your entire safari teams safety is dependent on you placing your shot where you are suppose to. It's your PH and trackers job to put you into the position to make this shot, it is only you that makes the ultimate decision to pull the trigger.
Prayers said for Wayne's family. If anyone get's information on a fund set up for the family, please share with AH readers!
07-12-2012, 06:54 AM #6
- Member of Safari Club International, Serbia
- Hunted Ex YU, Namibia, Sweden
- Serbian Hunter has no Articles
- Serbian Hunter has no Photos
This is happening more often that we know. Just met doctor in Windhoek, Namibia who already have his own Big 5 he was stitching victims of all 5 of them! Just came back from my 2nd Namibian hunt during which my PH & friend have been charged by black rhino. He got several though injuries and internal bleeding and doctors were fighting for his life. After two weeks he finally left ICU (Intensive care). Wish him luck and good & fast recovery!
Do not underestimate those animals - after I saw my PH on the ground, giving him 1st aid I just became aware how powerful and fast this beast can be!
07-12-2012, 06:59 AM #7
- Member of SCI, PHASA, IPHA
- Hunted South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
- Jaco Strauss has no Articles
- View Jaco Strauss's Photos
07-12-2012, 07:11 AM #8
My sincere condoleances to the Wayne's Family.
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
07-12-2012, 08:27 AM #9
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape)
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
07-12-2012, 09:28 AM #10
- Member of by this point, just select 3 - 7 letters, put them together in any given order and I am probably a lifetime member
- Hunted US, Canada, Mexico
- Second Wind has no Articles
- Second Wind has no Photos
First, my most heart-felt condolences go to all of Wayne's family and friends.
However, at the risk of sounding morbid, I do feel it is important to assemble all of the after-action detail available concerning a tragedy such as this for the benefit of those that follow.
I have always found it equally instructive and, at times, far less painful, to learn from the experience(s) of others.
We all, I believe, look forward to learning as many of the pertinent details of this sad event as can be tastefully conveyed.
Until then, the family and survivors of Mr. Clark remain in my prayers."He even took the gramophone on safari. Three rifles, provisions for a month and . . . . Mozart"
07-12-2012, 11:27 AM #12
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
07-12-2012, 12:31 PM #13
- Member of SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
- Hunted Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
- Wolverine67 has no Articles
- View Wolverine67's Photos
My condolences to Mr Clarks family. I see a chilling trend.The best hunt are the one in your dreams, the next best are the one in your memories.
07-12-2012, 12:52 PM #14
- Member of ABO (African Bow Hunting Organization)(Bow Hunting Instructor for ABO)
- Hunted South Africa and Mozambique
- nieluyssafaris has no Articles
- View nieluyssafaris's Photos
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Clark Family.Niel Uys
PO Box 978, Pongola, 3170, South Africa
07-12-2012, 01:12 PM #15
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Thank you for your information. It is with great sadness that the hunting community has lost another member. Thought and prayers to the family...
In checking the Tanzania (TPHA Members) Mr. Clark was not a current member. However i was able to find a Wayne Clark who works for Adam Clements Safari Trackers, Inc. However i am sure he was not a member due to the high cost of non resident license fees.
James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
07-12-2012, 01:19 PM #16
- Member of SCI, NRA, GS/OVIS, B&C
- jimmyg has no Articles
- jimmyg has no Photos
So sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends. I booked some hunts for Wayne quite a few years ago when he was hunting on the family ranch in Zimbabwe. He was a fine young man, RIP Wayne...
07-12-2012, 07:09 PM #17
- Dallashunt has no Articles
- Dallashunt has no Photos
I knew Wayne very well. Iam sick and saddened and feel terrible for his family. RIP my old friend. You were a great man.
07-12-2012, 07:17 PM #18
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Thoughts and prayers to the family."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche
07-13-2012, 11:24 AM #19
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Sad news, my condolences to the family.
07-13-2012, 07:05 PM #20
- Member of Patron NRA, SCI, KRVSA,
- Hunted USA (Fl, Ga, Tn, Kt,Sc, Al, Tx, Nm, Co, Mt, Wy), Canada (Alberta, Manitoba), New Zealand (north & South), South Africa (Kalahari & Limpopa)
- huntingbigun has no Articles
- View huntingbigun's Photos
Sad bay and prayers for all the familyBigun
By Buff-Buster in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 15Last Post: 07-13-2012, 06:47 PM
By Mike70560 in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 34Last Post: 06-18-2012, 10:50 AM
By Gregf in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 5Last Post: 03-29-2011, 05:47 PM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 7Last Post: 12-07-2010, 10:29 AM