Professional Hunter Erwin Kotze from Thormahlen & Cochran Safaris killed by a bull Elephant
This is a discussion on Professional Hunter Erwin Kotze from Thormahlen & Cochran Safaris killed by a bull Elephant within the Latest Hunting News forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Prayers sent for his family....
04-24-2013, 09:31 AM #21
- Hunted US
- moosemike has no Articles
- moosemike has no Photos
Prayers sent for his family.
04-24-2013, 01:02 PM #22
- Member of SCI ,NRA ,FGCT Brazil.
- bobbytm has no Articles
- bobbytm has no Photos
Very sad news ,RIP Erwin !
04-24-2013, 08:25 PM #23
- Member of SCI, RMEF
- Hunted Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
- redhillrancher has no Articles
- redhillrancher has no Photos
Sad news. I hunted with Erwin his first year as a PH, and always spent time with him at SCI each year. Very sad.
04-25-2013, 11:17 AM #24
- Hunted Namibia, Zimbabwe,Botswana, Mozambique,South Africa, Canada, England
- The Artistry of Wildlife has no Articles
- View The Artistry of Wildlife's Photos
Much to young to go...My condolences to all the family and friends
04-27-2013, 07:37 PM #25
- Member of SCI ; Rowland Ward
- Hunted United States ; South Africa
- dtarin09 has no Articles
- View dtarin09's Photos
Thoughts, prayers, and condolences to all. Do we have any additional news on how this trajedy occured?
04-27-2013, 07:47 PM #26
Very sad to hear of this, another young man gone. Condolences to his family.
04-27-2013, 09:19 PM #27
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
PH Erwin Kotze, recently killed by an elephant.
Professional Hunter Erwin Kotze died Tuesday, April 23, after being trampled by an elephant in northwestern Namibia. Kotze, who was only 27, was a PH for Peter Thormahlen of Thormahlen & Cochran Safaris.
Kotze was guiding a client while hunting desert elephant in the Kaokoland concession called Orupupa Conservancy. The hunting party had been tracking a bull since morning. Kotze stalked closer to evaluate the ivory. Something went wrong, and the animal charged him without warning. The elephant trampled Kotze, breaking his pelvis. Another PH in the party carried Kotze to the hunting vehicle and called for a medivac to meet them at a nearest airstrip. Unfortunately, Kotze died of internal injuries before reaching the airstrip.
Kotze was unmarried and is survived by his parents, Werner and Erna Kotze, who were flying into Namibia from their home in Botswana to make funeral arrangements. In a statement issued to The Hunting Report, Peter Thormahlen said, "We are shocked, grieved and very, very heartbroken. Erwin was like a son in our house."
Condolences may by sent to Thormahlen & Cochran Safaris by email to email@example.com or
by snail mail to
70 Columbus Street, PO Box 26201,
Nelspruit, 1200 South Africa.
For the Kotze Family, send to
PO Box 478, Francistown, Botswana.
Send flowers to Kotze Family,
Ferndal Village No 2,
The Hntg Rpt,Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
04-29-2013, 06:58 AM #28
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Been out of the country for the last week. Terrible news to come back to. My prayers to Erwin's family and friends.
By BARTFRNCS in forum Up To .375Replies: 11Last Post: 09-20-2013, 07:11 PM
By Mike70560 in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 34Last Post: 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
By M. Egan in forum Zimbabwe Hunting ReportsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-19-2012, 08:08 PM
By newguy in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 29Last Post: 01-16-2012, 04:44 PM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:30 PM