This is a discussion on markd within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Returning for my 7th african trip. I'm interest both the Serval and Caracal cats. Is there any one place that ...
07-06-2012, 01:28 PM #1
- Mark D has no Articles
- Mark D has no Photos
Returning for my 7th african trip.
I'm interest both the Serval and Caracal cats.
Is there any one place that you can find both these cretters at the sane time?
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM #2
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Welcome to AH.
Getting both the small cats on the same safari will be difficult...however not impossible.
I would suggest that you look where you are able to go night hunting to find these trophy's.James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM #3
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
07-06-2012, 01:51 PM #4
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
07-06-2012, 06:01 PM #5
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
Welcome to AH Mark.
Northern Kwa-Zulu Natal, Mpumalanga, Eastern Limpopo. Talk to Chris Troskie (CT safaris) he has a guy who does predator control in KZN and calls at night. Both are tough but the Serval is the most difficult and usually considered more of a bonus on a Caracal hunt.The journey is the reward.
07-06-2012, 06:48 PM #6
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
You are going back to chase Two cats?
That is a dedicated hunt.
Good luck getting that little spotted one.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
07-06-2012, 08:28 PM #7
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH Mark! Good luck on that cat hunt there a bugger to get I seen an African Wildcat on my last trip but it made it to the brush before I could get the scope on it.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM #8
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
Will ne a tuff one, but one never knows what might cross your path!! Good luck!!"Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."
07-07-2012, 07:07 AM #9
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH, Mark! Good luck on your quest. A serval and caracal hunt would be pretty intriguing!
07-08-2012, 10:35 AM #10
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your hunt !