G'day from Australia
This is a discussion on G'day from Australia within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Just a quick introduction as I have just joined this forum. I am an experienced Aussie bowhunter but have never ...
05-12-2012, 01:16 AM #1
- Karumba has no Articles
- Karumba has no Photos
G'day from Australia
Just a quick introduction as I have just joined this forum. I am an experienced Aussie bowhunter but have never hunted in Africa. Like many who have joined this forum before me I have just booked to hunt in Namibia next year. I will be taking my wife and daughter with me as non-hunting companions and as a family we are very excited about returning to the "Dark Continent".
I look forward to learning as much as I can from the members of this forum.
Next year seems so very far away - I don't know how I will survive the wait.Hunting - for those who understand no explanation is necessary - for those who do not understand no explanation is possible.
05-12-2012, 02:44 AM #2
- Member of SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
- Hunted Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
- Wolverine67 has no Articles
- View Wolverine67's Photos
Welcome to the best forum in the world when it comes to hunting in Africa. I am sure you will enjoy it.
Where in Namibia are you going?The best hunt are the one in your dreams, the next best are the one in your memories.
05-12-2012, 03:33 AM #3
welcome, dont go too waiting for your trip next year
05-12-2012, 03:35 AM #4
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
Well first off welcome to AH! You have come to the right place. You now have a problem. You will never stop thinking about Africa. You will think about it every day till you go. Then when you come back all you will think about is how can I go back?
Enjoy the sight. Every thing you need is here. If you don't see the awnsers then ask away. Enjoy!"Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."
05-12-2012, 08:52 AM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH!
05-12-2012, 10:45 AM #6
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to the forum, Karumba !
05-12-2012, 10:49 AM #7
Welcome to AH Karumba! Please share some of your pictures with us... Looking forward to reading your posts and feel free to ask any questions.
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
05-12-2012, 01:45 PM #8
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
You are about to find out what the longest year of your life is.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
05-12-2012, 03:20 PM #9
- Hunted Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
- Cliffy has no Articles
- View Cliffy's Photos
Welcome to the best forum on the internet, period.
IF YOU GO ONCE-YOU WILL RETURN-DEAL WITH IT
05-12-2012, 04:30 PM #10
- Member of Sporting Shooters Association Australia. Australian Deer Association
- Hunted Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- messmate has no Articles
- View messmate's Photos
Welcome to the site. You'll chew up s..t load of time here...be warned though "Africa" will take over your life...
and why not!
05-12-2012, 06:32 PM #11
- Member of Peninsular Firearms Academy
- Hunted Australia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malta
- daggaboyblog has no Articles
- View daggaboyblog's Photos
Welcome and enjoy the planning, this is the longest part of the hunt you get to savor so make the most of it! Hanging out here will help, a few old safari books will help as well, and some time in the field with your safari rifle - practice being on safari!
05-12-2012, 08:27 PM #12
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Welcome to AH.
The year will go very quickly with planning and getting your stuff in order.
If you do not have a check list you can obtain one from your outfitter.
most of the items you have will probably work, however some items are hard to find and local retailers usually do not stock or have difficulty in getting so i off the following for you to use.
Check Safari Press out for reading material
Long Grass for hard to find items. and a trip planing timeline checklist for the month by month items to do.
And African Sporting for some hard to come by items.James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
05-13-2012, 06:21 AM #13
- Member of NAPHA, DSC, SCI
- Hunted NAMIBIA, AFRICA.
- Kowas Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View Kowas Hunting Safaris's Photos
Welcome to this FORUM. Take time to participate in the discussions, share your experience and views - it is valuable to others.
Enjoy the planning process of your scheduled safari - it is a huge part of the safari.
...The magic of Africa will entice you to visit and then draw you back time and time again...
05-13-2012, 11:38 AM #14
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH Karumba!Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
05-13-2012, 01:28 PM #15
- Karumba has no Articles
- Karumba has no Photos
Thank you all for your generous and warm welcome. I look forward to the opportunity to share our experiences with you.Hunting - for those who understand no explanation is necessary - for those who do not understand no explanation is possible.
05-13-2012, 04:26 PM #17
G'day Karumba, welcome to the site and best wishes for the very best of hunting luck on your trip to Namibia.
You only ever have one "first" African Safari.
Saviour the anticipation and build-up.
By Axel in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 22Last Post: 05-08-2012, 05:55 AM
By blacks in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 20Last Post: 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
By JAWZ in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 5Last Post: 08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
By PaulT in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 18Last Post: 04-18-2010, 04:17 PM
By Ben S in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 5Last Post: 03-03-2010, 04:45 AM