Hello from Oklahoma
This is a discussion on Hello from Oklahoma within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the AfricaHunting.com category; This was my first trip to the Triple S Wildlife Ranch near Calvin Oklahoma. The experience has been one of ...
04-11-2012, 07:41 AM #1
- ethanhollowell has no Articles
- ethanhollowell has no Photos
Hello from Oklahoma
This was my first trip to the Triple S Wildlife Ranch near Calvin Oklahoma. The experience has been one of the most enjoyable hunts ever. My guide Norm and I headed out into the 3000 acres of woods, flat land, hills and valleys of southeast OK. I've wanted a trophy Axis deer forever. We covered a large area hoping to spot one of the trophy Axis bucks. My guide knew all the right spots to find the Axis, and we saw lots of animals. We ran into numerous Axis does and smaller bucks but had not seen any huge bucks as of yet. As we were glassing a large pasture area, there he was grazing just off the large lake behind the lodge. Just what I was looking for a huge Axis Buck in velvet. I got down on one knee took aim and made the shot. The deer ran off to his left just behind a bush. I wanted to move to another postion but my guide whispered in my ear to be patient. Just then, that Axis buck came out on the other side of the bush, I took aim and nailed him again in the shoulder. He ran about 30 yds and down he went for good. What a hunt! Great people and lots of game at the SSS ranch. Check out their website Oklahoma Hunting Ranch OK Hunt Exotics.
04-11-2012, 08:44 AM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Welcome Ethan. Please share some of your pictures here.
04-11-2012, 08:49 AM #3
04-11-2012, 09:09 AM #4
Welcome to AH ethanhollowell! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).
Click HERE to Support AH
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
04-11-2012, 03:51 PM #5
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to the forum, ethanhollowell !
04-11-2012, 05:52 PM #6
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA)
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
Welcome to AH! Deff would love to see some pics!"Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."
04-11-2012, 06:27 PM #7
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH ethanhollowell! Great Cap lets see some pics to go with it.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
04-11-2012, 08:30 PM #8
- Member of SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
- Hunted Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia
- RogerHeintzman has no Articles
- View RogerHeintzman's Photos
04-11-2012, 09:07 PM #9
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
05-08-2012, 06:13 AM #10
- Member of NAPHA, DSC, SCI
- Hunted NAMIBIA, AFRICA.
- Kowas Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View Kowas Hunting Safaris's Photos
By MarkR. in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 12Last Post: 07-21-2009, 10:48 AM