NOT SURE IF I HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT
This is a discussion on NOT SURE IF I HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Hi there... Not sure if I will be accepted in here ... but... I am a BRAND NEW hunter...yes new.... ...
01-20-2012, 08:19 PM #1
- Hunted Canada
- Deerhunter-tish has no Articles
- Deerhunter-tish has no Photos
NOT SURE IF I HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT
Hi there... Not sure if I will be accepted in here ... but... I am a BRAND NEW hunter...yes new.... thanks to my hubby showing me the ropes... But we would love to hunt in Africa. That would be fantastic. Yes last year was my first ever to hunt. And I was successful. I got a bear - and - a deer... so... I still have lots to learn. Any way...hey everyone and nice to be in here. Oh and I am from Canada.
01-20-2012, 08:46 PM #2
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Little lady the good thing about being a hunter is you were born with the right Congratz on your Bear and your Deer we would love to see some pics of them. And Welcome to AH!!Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
01-20-2012, 09:18 PM #3
- Member of SCI, PHASA, IPHA
- Hunted South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
- Jaco Strauss has no Articles
- View Jaco Strauss's Photos
Deerhunter new hunters are always welcome we would love to have your ideas or questions, there are allot of guys that are seasoned veterans that will not hesitate to share advice or tips.
Hope you enjoy the site.
My best always.
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM #4
Welcome to AH Deerhunter-tish!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
02-07-2012, 09:55 PM #5
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
Welcome to the forum, and our wonderful sport of hunting. Always show respect towards your quarry, and the rest will fall in place. Especially with the members.
02-07-2012, 10:42 PM #6
Firstly congratulations on your first two animals and welcome to the hunting world! It's a world of ups and downs but also a world of excitement you can't explain if you have not done it! Enjoy the forum and please feel free to ask questions anytime!
P.S: Please post some pics of your first trophies, would love to see them!
02-08-2012, 12:32 AM #7
- Hunted Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
- Cliffy has no Articles
- View Cliffy's Photos
Deerhunter-tish, welcome and ask away. All of us will be more than willing to share what we know. I have taken 6 new hunters to Africa in the last 3 years (they paid their own way but had never been to Africa) and they all loved it and are returning again. Look for some of my posts for first timers here on this board and ask any questions you desire but remember- If you go once YOU WILL RETURN!!!
D.T! You don't have to earn the right to be here!!! Just enjoy the posts, take or dismiss the advice, don't get all bent out of shape if you don't agree with whats said. Contribute in whichever way you feel comfortable with and remember 'there are no stupid questions, just stupid mistakes to be made for not asking!'
02-08-2012, 03:34 AM #9
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe ( before 'Bob ! ), ozambique, Zambia Tanzania, Hungary, Lithuania, UK, Alaska
- Nyatiboss has no Articles
- View Nyatiboss's Photos
You and your hubby should get on a pane asap to Africa !
The areas we can hunt and the constant battle against poachers, government 'interests' ( often the same thing ), eco lodges and pure human expansion, mean that areas are shrinking fast.
Best areas for total wilderness hunting Safaris, as well as price, are Zambia and Mozambique currently.
Very happy to help if you want to plan anything or get some introductions.
GB & W Safaris UK
02-08-2012, 06:18 AM #10
- Member of No. Amer. Moose Foundation, Mule Deer Found; RMEF (life Member), SCI, NRA, RGS, NWTF, PF, DU, Izaac Walton League, Nat'l. Trappers Assoc.
- Hunted US / Canada/Namibia
- joester has no Articles
- joester has no Photos
Welcome to the forum! My wife began hunting after about 15 years of being married and she hasn't looked back! We went to Africa (Namibia) 2 years ago & we cannot wait to hunt in Zimbabwe this year... All the best!
02-08-2012, 09:08 AM #11
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
You are very welcome on this forum !
02-08-2012, 10:06 AM #12
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH, Deerhunter-tish!
02-08-2012, 10:12 AM #13
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Welcom to the forum, You will fit right in here.
02-14-2012, 12:32 PM #14
- Member of SCI, PHASA, NRA, NWTF, RMEF
- Trophy Game Safaris has no Articles
- View Trophy Game Safaris's Photos
Congrats and welcome to the hunting world! Also once you are bitten by the hunting bug, it only gets worse.....in a good way!David Tenney
US Marketing Representative
Trophy Game Safaris www.tgsafari.co.za
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
02-14-2012, 01:24 PM #15
- Hunted South Africa (Limpopo, Free-State, North West, Northern Cape) and Botswana (Tuli Area; Selebi-Pikwe, and Tsabong regions)
- Rohan has no Articles
- View Rohan's Photos
A warm welcome.
02-14-2012, 03:14 PM #16
- Member of NRA, RMEF, NAHC. LSBA
- Hunted USA, New Zealand, South Africa
- mudslinger has no Articles
- View mudslinger's Photos
Welcome Deerhunter. Enjoy the sport as much as we do, respect the outdoors and the animals and you will have a blast. Just a warning, if you and your husband ever go to Africa, it is very addicting and I would imagine you 2 will be planning a return before your first safari is over.HCA Speed Pro, 70#'s @ 29", 560 grain Gold Tip XT Hunters tipped w/100 grain Smoke Ramcat.