new member intro
This is a discussion on new member intro within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Greetings to all - I am a career US Marine and lifelong hunter. Have traditional bowhunted all over North America ...
10-15-2011, 06:13 PM #1
- Member of BOONE AND CROCKETT
- Hunted NORTH AMERICA
- leatherneck358 has no Articles
- leatherneck358 has no Photos
new member intro
Greetings to all -
I am a career US Marine and lifelong hunter. Have traditional bowhunted all over North America and have a dream of doing it in Africa - either with bow or rifle!
Since 9/11 I have been deployed in Iraq four times and three in Afghanistan. In Spring 2012 I head to the Trans Sahal region for an assignment. Looking forward to keeping in touch with this forum for opportunities after my assignment.
Thanks for a GREAT website - I am a huge fan already...
Colonel George Bristol USMC
10-15-2011, 08:28 PM #2
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH!
10-15-2011, 08:35 PM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
George, welcome to AH.
Keep in touch and stay safe.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
10-15-2011, 08:46 PM #4
- Member of SCI MWF DU Canada MWF DU RMEF
- Hunted canada US RSA Zimbabwe
- M. Egan has no Articles
- M. Egan has no Photos
Thanks for your service and sacrafices.
10-15-2011, 10:11 PM #5
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
welcome to AHJames Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
10-16-2011, 12:46 AM #6
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
leatherneck, I am former US Army, don't let anyone fool you, we all appreciate what you do and have done, love and best regards to all of you. Buy you a beer when you get stateside. Let me know if you are in the St. Louis area.
10-16-2011, 08:40 AM #7
- Member of NRA, NHA, USSA, QF, CCA, NOGA, SCI,
- Xpraetor has no Articles
- View Xpraetor's Photos
Welcome Colonel, Semper Fi!Animus facit nobilem
10-16-2011, 09:33 AM #8
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to the forum, leatherneck !
10-16-2011, 06:06 PM #10
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
Thanks for your service and welcome to AH!"Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."
10-16-2011, 06:30 PM #11
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Colonel Welcome to AH! Retired SGM here Thank You For Your Service. Keep your head low and hope to see you in Africa.
10-16-2011, 09:28 PM #12
- Member of NRA, SCI
- Hunted USA, South Africa
- ndbwhnter has no Articles
- View ndbwhnter's Photos
Welcome aboard Colonel. I highly respect what you do and have done for our country. I have a cousin currently serving his second tour in Iraq. Keep up the good work.
I am also an avid bowhunter, but it's been quite a while since I used traditional equipment. Good luck on your safari when you get a chance to go. I've only been to Africa once, but it was with my bow so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
10-17-2011, 12:32 AM #13
- Member of SCI and PHASA
- Hunted South Africa and Zambia
- Spiral Horn Safaris has no Articles
- View Spiral Horn Safaris's Photos
Welcome to the Forum Colonel!
Stay safe out there.
Africa with bow sounds great not to take anything away from the rifle hunters but bow hunting just get's me pumped up LOL.
Louis van Bergen
10-17-2011, 10:43 AM #14
Welcome to AH Colonel George Bristol!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
10-20-2011, 05:22 PM #15
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia
- Intu Safaris has no Articles
- View Intu Safaris's Photos
By G force in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 14Last Post: 09-07-2012, 03:29 AM
By Fritz Rabe in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 8Last Post: 06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
By cbvanb in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 9Last Post: 04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
By dharding in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-12-2010, 06:38 PM
By Serbian Hunter in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-17-2009, 02:15 PM