Hello from Nevada from GSTONE
This is a discussion on Hello from Nevada from GSTONE within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; I posted the results from my hunt with Hartzview Hunting Safaris earlier today: HartzView Hunting Safari hunting trip in September ...
10-11-2011, 09:46 PM #1
- Member of SCI, NRA Life member, NAHC Life member, Oregon Hunter Ass'n
- Hunted USA, RSA, Canada
- GSTONE has no Articles
- View GSTONE's Photos
Hello from Nevada from GSTONE
I posted the results from my hunt with Hartzview Hunting Safaris earlier today: HartzView Hunting Safari hunting trip in September 2011 by GSTONE
I live in Fallon Nevada, am 65 years old, retired, and a lifelong hunter.
Some additional information about the hunt: I used a .340 Weatherby Mark V Fibermark rifle topped with a Leupold 4X12 VX-3 ballistic reticule scope with an illuminated red dot sighted in for 200 yards. I used 250 Grain Nosler Partition ammunition. The only animal taken that required more than one shot was the Waterbuck. The Waterbuck's left horn was 32 1/2' and the right was 33". The Kudu was exceptional but I do not have the measurement.
I took the lion with a Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan chambered for the .416 Ruger. I used the 400 grain DGX factory round. The lion was taken with a single shot... an insurance shot was not needed. The rifle is topped with a Trijicon 30mm 1X4 scope with the German III reticule with a green dot. I sighted the rifle in for 100 yards.
I also used the Bushnell Fusion 1600 Arc binoculars. They were superb! I was able to get ranges out to 900 yards, and the binoculars gave the hold-over for any readable range.
10-11-2011, 09:51 PM #2
Welcome again to AH GSTONE! Looking forward to reading your posts.
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
10-12-2011, 03:52 AM #3
Welcome to the site Geoff. Glad to have you onboard and thank you once again for hunting with us. We are looking forward on having you back in camp next year!
Talk to you soon,
10-12-2011, 08:45 AM #4
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH!
10-12-2011, 09:00 AM #5
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
welcome to AHJames Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
10-12-2011, 11:53 AM #6
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to the forum, GSTONE.
10-12-2011, 01:36 PM #7
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Welcome to the forum.
Good start on your contribution. Keep going.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
10-12-2011, 05:33 PM #8
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH GSTONE!
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 6Last Post: 10-30-2012, 09:00 AM
By GSTONE in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 13Last Post: 10-12-2011, 12:22 PM