This is a discussion on New Member within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Hi, I'm a new member. I live in Colorado Springs and have been hunting and fishing since I was 10 ...
Hi, I'm a new member. I live in Colorado Springs and have been hunting and fishing since I was 10 (a long time ago). I also have two sons (22 and 18) who are avid shooters and hunters. I"m doing my first guided hunt ever going after brown bear in Alaska this fall. We own a selection of handguns and rifles including a 30/30, 270, 375 Weatherby and 500 Jeffery (which is itching to go to Africa). That's about it.
05-08-2011, 02:17 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Well, it looks like your arsenal should hold up well for an Africa trip.
05-08-2011, 06:19 PM #3
Welcome to AH colorado!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM #4
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH!
05-08-2011, 09:42 PM #5
- Member of SCI, Member of Denver SCI chapter, DU
- Hunted US,Canada,Argentina,Botswana,South Africa
- WST416 has no Articles
- WST416 has no Photos
Welcome Colorado to AH, nice to see a fellow Coloradoan!
05-08-2011, 09:55 PM #6
- Member of SCI and PHASA
- Hunted South Africa and Zambia
- Spiral Horn Safaris has no Articles
- View Spiral Horn Safaris's Photos
Welcome to the forum Coloradoan good to have you on board!
Don't let those rifles go to waste bring them to Africa as soon as you can LOL.
Louis van Bergen
05-09-2011, 04:22 AM #7
- Member of NRA, SCI
- Hunted USA, South Africa
- ndbwhnter has no Articles
- View ndbwhnter's Photos
Welcome aboard. You'll love the site.
05-09-2011, 10:00 AM #9
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to the forum, colorado, with your 500 Jeffery you certainly have "enough gun".
05-10-2011, 05:04 PM #10
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia
- Intu Safaris has no Articles
- View Intu Safaris's Photos
05-11-2011, 06:01 PM #11
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Hi Colorado Welcome to AH I lived out on Barrett rd for a couple of years myself while stationed at FT Carson never did get my Elk Good luck on your brown bear hunt Alaska has a bunch of them.
By bassasdaindia in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 18Last Post: 08-26-2012, 06:26 PM
By huntin-fool1972 in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-17-2010, 08:28 PM
By Popo in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2010, 05:19 AM
By Knockespoch in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 9Last Post: 08-02-2010, 03:28 AM
By Spatsels in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-30-2010, 09:11 PM