New fron N. Carolina-looking to do a bowhunting safari
This is a discussion on New fron N. Carolina-looking to do a bowhunting safari within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Found this site and looked to be a great source of information for finding and planning my first African bowhunt!...
03-09-2011, 03:48 PM #1
- fisheye1 has no Articles
- fisheye1 has no Photos
New fron N. Carolina-looking to do a bowhunting safari
Found this site and looked to be a great source of information for finding and planning my first African bowhunt!
03-09-2011, 04:00 PM #2
Welcome to AH fisheye1! Glad you decided to join our community, enjoy the site and feel free to ask questions.
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
03-09-2011, 04:38 PM #3
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH! Lots of bowhunting outfitters on here....mention what you are looking for and you will get some pointers for places to go.
03-09-2011, 07:55 PM #4
- Member of NRA, SCI
- Hunted USA, South Africa
- ndbwhnter has no Articles
- View ndbwhnter's Photos
Welcome to the site. I went on my first bowhunting safari to South Africa last July. I had the time of my life. You have definitely come to the right place to do some research. Let me know if you have any questions.
Here is a link to my hunt report: ndbwhnter is back from South Africa
Hope you have a great time and I can't wait to hear your stories and see come pictures.
03-09-2011, 08:04 PM #5
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
Welcome fisheye! I see ndbwhntr has already replied, there are some other African experienced bowhunters here that I'm sure can help you out.
03-10-2011, 05:03 AM #6
Welcome to the forum,
First thing to do is decide fence or no fence. And if fenced how big? Some propertys are 5,000 acers or less, some are over 100,000.
Second: whats more important? Big trpohys or sweeping vistas. Example in general the limpopo brush country has big horns but is flat and brushy like texas. Not much to see. On the other hand places like the Eastern Cape and Namabia have facinating scenery.
Another thing to consider is the kind of experince you are looking for. RSA is very modern with a high population, cell phones work pretty much everywhere. Not the wild africa you have read about all these years. Parts of Namibia are vast desert scrub with a very low population.
The possibilitys are many, do alot of reasearch !!!
Heres 3 outfitters to give you an idea of the differences:
Infinito safaris: eastern cape
Dries visser safaris: Limpopo
Allen chillers namibia (no fence)I have walked in the tracks of the elephant, heard the lion roar and met the buffalo on his terms. I shall never be the same.
03-10-2011, 06:16 AM #7
- Member of SCI and PHASA
- Hunted South Africa and Zambia
- Spiral Horn Safaris has no Articles
- View Spiral Horn Safaris's Photos
03-10-2011, 06:30 AM #8
- Member of PHASA
- Hunted Sweden, USA, Brazil, Mexico.,
- hunting has no Articles
- View hunting's Photos
03-10-2011, 11:23 AM #9
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
03-10-2011, 12:36 PM #10
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to AH
03-25-2012, 10:25 AM #11
- Member of NWTF, RMEF, SCI, NRA LIfe
- Hunted Namibia, Canada, U.S.A.
- Jriley has no Articles
- View Jriley's Photos
03-25-2012, 10:37 AM #12
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH Fisheye1! As you can see the members of this fine Community are all willing to help if you have a question just ask away.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
03-25-2012, 11:23 AM #13
- Member of SCI, PHASA, IPHA
- Hunted South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
- Jaco Strauss has no Articles
- View Jaco Strauss's Photos
03-25-2012, 12:30 PM #14
- Member of diana
- Hunted namibia,southafrica,zimbabwe,sweden,france,mauritus,switzerland
- teenhunter has no Articles
- View teenhunter's Photos
welcome to AH!
03-25-2012, 07:31 PM #15
- Hunted USA , Canada, Botswana
- Stretch has no Articles
- View Stretch's Photos
Welcome fellow bowhunter.
I am a very experienced North America bowhunter, but like you I am also planning my first bowhunt in Africa. Everyone is so helpful on AH. They are not only willing to share a wealth of info, but very sincere about helping with any questions. Ask away. Don't forget to click on the "shot placement gallery" It's a great resource so you can learn shot placement on African game.When I am not hunting, I am thinking about hunting....I think I'll go hunting.
03-29-2012, 11:34 AM #16
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
Welcome to AH!"Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."
05-08-2012, 07:15 AM #17
- Member of NAPHA, DSC, SCI
- Hunted NAMIBIA, AFRICA.
- Kowas Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View Kowas Hunting Safaris's Photos
Do not neclegt to check out the REFERENCES of the Outfitters you are considering - references are priceless.
Enjoy the planning process of a potential safari, perhaps to Namibia, Africa.
By Grady in forum Humor, Ridiculous, Shocking Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 5Last Post: 03-05-2013, 03:27 PM
By kala_azar in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 17Last Post: 05-08-2012, 07:25 AM
By fisheye1 in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-12-2011, 12:27 PM
By dess51 in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-02-2010, 04:13 AM
By frigatecdr in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 16Last Post: 01-11-2010, 12:40 PM