This is a discussion on Scottish hunter within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Good morning folks from sunny Scotland. I've been on this fine forum for ages but never done an intro. I ...
Good morning folks from sunny Scotland. I've been on this fine forum for ages but never done an intro.
I live near Perth on the East coast of Scotland and, whilst I did a lot of shotgun shooting at one time, my main interest now is deer stalking - or, I suppose hunting in Africa.
Several rifles from .22 up to Rigby .416.
Just back from a very good hunting trip with Bos en Dal Safaris, based near Koster in South Africa. I will post photos as and when I have time. I think this was my sixth trip to Africa and already looking forward to returning.
Enough just now. This is a great forum
08-08-2013, 11:08 PM #2
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
good to meet you paladin
did you have a great hunt mate
don't keep us waiting to long to show us your pictures and read your hunt
six trips to gods country ,mate you must have one hell of a trophy hall .
08-09-2013, 12:36 AM #3
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Hi Paladin100 glad you've joined in, looking forward to your hunting report and see pics of the trophies taken.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
08-09-2013, 04:50 AM #4
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Welcome paladin100! Glad you decided finally "jump in". Looking forward to your imput
Bob - sign of an AH addict...posting at 2:36am....
08-09-2013, 07:38 AM #5
Welcome to AH paladin100! Looking forward to your contribution...
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
08-09-2013, 09:17 AM #6
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Glad you jumped into for an intro.
Look forward to the report on your hunt.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
08-09-2013, 12:00 PM #7
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH, paladin100!
I'll get the photos posted over the weekend I hope. It seems to take ages to upload them.
At Bos en Dal, this time, I shot, Kudu, Impala, Nyala, Bushbuck, Duiker, Zebra, Reedbuck and a very big Blue Wildebeest bull. All good trophies as I hope you will see.
My motivation in going to Bos en Dal was purely as I did not wish to take yet another internal flight in South Africa. Gerrit came to Oliver Tambo and collected me and took me to the camp. Much more relaxing.
On the first afternoon therefore, we had time to check the rifles and have a drive round the ranch to see the lie of the land.
Hunted two long hard days on two different properties for a big Eland bull but no luck. We saw one early on the first morning but never saw him again. How can an animal so huge disappear - especially when we have two expert trackers to work with? That's hunting however. Great fun.
08-10-2013, 05:07 PM #9
- Member of Dallas Safari Club
- Hunted North America (USA & MX)
- FerRGarza has no Articles
- FerRGarza has no Photos
Welcome to AH Paladin! great to have you here!
08-10-2013, 05:37 PM #10
- Member of CSSA, NFA
- Hunted Canada, USA, Afghanistan
- bellero has no Articles
- bellero has no Photos
Welcome to the forum, I'm eager to see your pics.
08-11-2013, 12:10 PM #11
- Member of PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
- Hunted South Africa, Botswana
- Bos en Dal Safaris has no Articles
- View Bos en Dal Safaris's Photos
Good forum and i am sure the folks on here will find all your experiance in shooting and hunting/stalking, helpfull and interesting.
Best RegardsGerrit Jansen van Vuuren
BOS EN DAL HUNTING SAFARIS - South Africa
Well,I've uploaded a few photos. Not being too clever, I don't know how to incorporate them into a hunt report but I'll continue to look and learn. Hope you like the photos of some good animals.
By Alan413 in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 27Last Post: 03-14-2013, 01:27 AM
By bluey in forum Humor, Ridiculous, Shocking Jokes, Stories or PicturesReplies: 6Last Post: 01-20-2013, 10:13 AM
By Raseni in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 11Last Post: 05-08-2012, 04:18 PM
By Shavesgreen in forum Hunting EuropeReplies: 15Last Post: 11-25-2011, 07:32 PM
By Mike@cms in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 2Last Post: 06-23-2009, 06:27 AM