This is a discussion on Newcomer within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Hi to everyone Just a quick bit of myself. 30 years of age, never held a rifle until I was ...
08-07-2013, 12:08 PM #1
- Banana Moja has no Articles
- Banana Moja has no Photos
Hi to everyone Just a quick bit of myself.
30 years of age, never held a rifle until I was 26, that's coz I grew up in Durban and never got into it, however now in Botswana, and hooked crazy into hunting, just love it.
My thoughts about hunting, rifles, ammunition, etc...have actually started to consume my daily life.....not complaining but a little scary.
Anyway nice to be here and happy hunting to all
08-07-2013, 01:02 PM #2
Welcome to AH Banana Moja! Looking forward to your contribution...
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
08-07-2013, 01:17 PM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Hunting consuming your life.
You'll fit right in with the rest of the AH ward.
Dive in, you are in a pool of like minded nuts.
Welcome.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
08-07-2013, 03:10 PM #4
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
- Wheels has no Articles
- View Wheels's Photos
Welcome to AH. Love your moniker. Wish I could call myself that but I'm not that good. If you are living in Botswana I am sure you are getting a lot of good hunting in."TIME"........God's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.
08-07-2013, 06:33 PM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Welcome to AH!
08-08-2013, 01:21 AM #6
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH Banana Moja! Sorry there's no cure, only treatment is AH and Hunting.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
08-08-2013, 02:40 AM #7
08-08-2013, 03:15 AM #8
- Banana Moja has no Articles
- Banana Moja has no Photos
Thanks for the welcoming guys, well I currently have a Sauer 202 Classic in .300 Win Mag, topped with a Zeiss Duralyt, also a .22 LR, and a Blaser R8 in .22-250 (Redfield) , 7X64 (Leica) , and 9.3 x 62 (Aimpoint).
I am waiting for a .243 in the Sauer 202 GTI to come in.
Although I must admit that I am sort of experimenting with calibres and different rifles at the moment and so far what I have realized is that for the type of hunting I am into, I don't mind just having the .243 and .300 Win Mag with premium bullets, especially for close range (Tuli Block) hunting.
Lastly I find that although the Blaser is beautiful in appearance and is dead accurate, for all purposes I would say the Sauer is a much better working rifle.
Anyway different strokes for different fockes I suppose, just my little opinion
08-08-2013, 03:18 AM #9
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOC-404 has no Articles
- View DOC-404's Photos
08-08-2013, 03:24 AM #10
08-08-2013, 04:02 AM #11
08-08-2013, 04:34 AM #12"We sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" Winston Churchill
08-08-2013, 08:55 AM #13
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
welcome and enjoy the site banana moja
08-08-2013, 09:45 AM #14
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Welcome to the forum. You have quite a good start in you caliber line-up. Agree with spikeT, the Blazer is not my cup of tea, but a lot of guys love them. Regardless, I wish you many years of hunting stories and photos (I got a late start in life also (( as far as the hunting thing goes)). Again welcome to the forum and may you make many a friends here on AH."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith
08-10-2013, 05:10 PM #15
- Member of Dallas Safari Club
- Hunted North America (USA & MX)
- FerRGarza has no Articles
- FerRGarza has no Photos
Welcome Banana Moja! once those thoughts begin, there is no end to them! which is the best part!
08-11-2013, 12:03 PM #16
- Member of PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
- Hunted South Africa, Botswana
- Bos en Dal Safaris has no Articles
- View Bos en Dal Safaris's Photos
Welcome, you will see you will get use to living with thise thoughts. At first it seems as if it is taking controll of you and then..... Well it does. And you will just follow.
Have a good one
Best RegardsGerrit Jansen van Vuuren
BOS EN DAL HUNTING SAFARIS - South Africa
By chemarq in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 11Last Post: 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
By Fernando Avila in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 16Last Post: 03-24-2010, 08:19 PM
By jezzicaz789 in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-20-2010, 02:33 AM