This is a discussion on dreamer within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; New to the Dream, not wanting to go after the DG, just the exotic "plains game" with the unusual horns. ...
08-04-2013, 12:49 PM #1
- tahoe2 has no Articles
- tahoe2 has no Photos
New to the Dream, not wanting to go after the DG, just the exotic "plains game" with the unusual horns.
And any of those that eat well. I do have a buddy who wants a Cape Buffalo, and so the dream begins.
My cartridge of choice would be 9.3x62 Mauser(cause I'm a whimp!) and his .375 H&H. Yeah we're new.
08-04-2013, 01:09 PM #2
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
welcome and enjoy the site tahoe2
best you and yor mate make the dream a reality
as for choice of calibres you will make friends here mate with these two
my understanding is that theres not a great deal difference between them
where and when are planning on headin out on your African adventure
08-04-2013, 01:16 PM #3
Welcome to AH tahoe2!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
08-04-2013, 02:30 PM #4
- Member of NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
- Rob44 has no Articles
- Rob44 has no Photos
Thats how it starts,,,,Stop dreaming and make it a reality,don,t turn it into a Bucket List,,Plenty of outfitters and great people here to help
08-04-2013, 02:31 PM #5
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania
- Wheels has no Articles
- View Wheels's Photos
Welcome to AH. There is a lot of good information on this site and good people who will be happy to help with questions. Start planning your first hunt. After your first hunt you will be planning many more."TIME"........God's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.
08-04-2013, 03:09 PM #6
- Member of NRA, SCI, NAHC, RMEF, NBU, WSF
- Hunted Namibia, RSA
- Nevada Wapati has no Articles
- View Nevada Wapati's Photos
tahoe2, welcome to the site. I'm sure your dream will come true. Have you looked at any specific areas or outfitters yet?
08-05-2013, 05:26 AM #7
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Welcome tahoe2.....you've come to the right place to get help with that dream!
08-05-2013, 09:53 AM #8
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to AH !
08-05-2013, 10:20 AM #9
- bassasdaindia has no Articles
- bassasdaindia has no Photos
08-05-2013, 03:08 PM #10
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH tahoe2! You've come to the right place to make that dream come true. Enjoy the site.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
08-05-2013, 09:22 PM #11
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Welcome to the forum. Two great (and proven) cartridges."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith
08-06-2013, 06:13 AM #12
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Most of the critters are tasty, when cooked properly.
Welcome to AH.
New guys seem to learn a bit here and then help others learn to.
Good luck with your plans.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
08-06-2013, 02:00 PM #13
By EDELWEISS in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-12-2011, 05:35 AM
By benchracer in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
By coaster500 in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 10Last Post: 08-02-2010, 07:24 AM