This is a discussion on Hi! within the Introductions & Greets forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; I have decided I am going to hunt africa--on a five year plan to make it happen!! Full of questions, ...
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM #1
- toby.davis1 has no Articles
- toby.davis1 has no Photos
I have decided I am going to hunt africa--on a five year plan to make it happen!!
Full of questions, hope to get a lot of info. I really want to get a cape buff and kudu, then go back again and get something else!!!
I grew up hunting in Wyoming and Montana, now I am in Alaska--havent hunted here yet but this fall I am going out!!
Thought I would introduce myself!!
02-04-2013, 05:36 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Welcome to AH
Keep reading here and that plan may just moved forward.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM #3
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH Toby! Glad you joined us, feel free to ask any question you may have and the fine members of this great forum will do there best to answer them for you. EnjoyEnjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
02-04-2013, 06:34 PM #4
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Welcome to AH.
Hunting Alaska you probably have a 338 or 375 already and that will fill your rifles needed for Africa
If you are looking bigger then look at the 416 and you will ready to go.
The 416 will be useful in griz hunting also.James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
02-04-2013, 10:24 PM #5
Welcome to AH Toby!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited every month by over 300,000 hunters who view 3.7 million pages and generate 16.5 million hits (statistics Jan 2013).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
02-04-2013, 10:38 PM #6
02-04-2013, 11:20 PM #7
- Member of PHASA, SCI
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Canada, USA
- Kalahari416 has no Articles
- View Kalahari416's Photos
02-04-2013, 11:34 PM #8
- Member of SCI and PHASA
- Hunted South Africa and Zambia
- Spiral Horn Safaris has no Articles
- View Spiral Horn Safaris's Photos
02-05-2013, 03:46 AM #9
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOCMAN has no Articles
- View DOCMAN's Photos
....enjoy the journey.PROELIO PROCUSI - Brothers need not always to have the same Mother.
02-05-2013, 06:02 AM #10
- Member of PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
- Hunted South Africa, Botswana
- Bos en Dal Safaris has no Articles
- View Bos en Dal Safaris's Photos
02-05-2013, 10:45 AM #11
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to the AH, Toby !
02-05-2013, 11:46 PM #12
This is a great site to get information when planning an African safari!
Have you decided in which part of South Africa you were planning to hunt?
We have had a number of clients that have hunted in Alaska, and it sounds like it is quite an experience, would love tomake a trip out there myself oneday!
Fire away with the questions, everyone here is extremely helpful.
02-06-2013, 05:17 AM #13
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
02-26-2013, 02:46 AM #14
- Member of NAPHA, DSC, SCI
- Hunted NAMIBIA, AFRICA.
- Kowas Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View Kowas Hunting Safaris's Photos
Welcome to this great Forum. Enjoy to participate and sharing your opinion.
Enjoy the planning process of a potential safari to Africa, perhaps Namibia...
If you know where you want to go, you can map out how to get there. You can make plans, create a strategy, work methodically toward reaching your golas, and finally arrive at the desired destination.
Enjoy the planning process and the excitement - it forms part of the safari.
Namibian greetings from Africa.