Outfitter recommendation for October 2012
This is a discussion on Outfitter recommendation for October 2012 within the Hunts OFFERED or WANTED Worldwide forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Hi, I have a business trip in October where I'll be in South Africa (J-burg / Sun City) and was ...
07-24-2012, 02:22 AM #1
- Carolinasman has no Articles
- Carolinasman has no Photos
Outfitter recommendation for October 2012
I have a business trip in October where I'll be in South Africa (J-burg / Sun City) and was going to do a bit of hunting on the back end of my trip. There are some issues that have come up with the outfitter I was talking to and wanted to get some recommendations. I'd be looking at starting 27-Oct (2012) for 4-5 days, plains game, specifically for kudu, gemsbock and impala.
If anyone has any recommendations, or outfitters with ideas, please feel free to reply or PM me. thanks in advance for any advice / recommendations.
07-24-2012, 03:26 AM #2
- Member of la diana
- Hunted Switzerland, France, Belgium, Sweden, Poland, Mauritius,Namibia, SA, Zimbabwe, Canada, New Foundland, Yukon, BC, Alaska, Argentina
- jepetto62 has no Articles
- View jepetto62's Photos
I would recommend Tshipise Safaris, in the Limpopo (Home). Very good operation and quite a large one (> 25 Kha). Peculiarity is that they are bordering Zimbabwe and part of the operation is unfenced (uncommon in SA). Also, very very good Kudus, waterbuck and huge nyalas. Apart from that they have buffalo, elephant, hippo, crocs etc...
Accommodation are also great, with the choice of a bush camp and a camp close to a nine-hole golf course (the owner is a famous golf course designer, hence this oddity, funny to see hippos grazing on the greens...). This is a hard hunting place and expect lots of walking.
If you contact them, talk to Peet Benzenhouit (the head of the operation) and tell him you have been send by Jean-Pierre in Switzerland, you will be well taken care of.
07-24-2012, 08:40 AM #3
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
I have hunted with Chris Troskie 2x and there are plenty of favorable hunt reports on here for him (CT Safaris). He also hunts alot of low fence as well as high fence and has access to many ranches. Late october is definitely a good time to catch someone with an opening. Good luck.The journey is the reward.
07-24-2012, 09:04 AM #4
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
I think Louis at Spiral Horn Safaris, would be a good fit. You will get excellent service!
07-24-2012, 11:24 AM #5
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
Being as you are going to be near Joberg.
The above are some good picks. I do believe that will pick you up at Joberg and bring you back.
To top it all off members have had a great time with them all...
The thing will be who has an opening for you. contact them all and let the search begin...
If you are willing to fly south there are others that will provide you a great experience.James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
07-24-2012, 01:20 PM #6
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Do have a look at all the AH sponsor outfitters and regulars here.
They are spread across Southern Africa.
Good luck.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
07-26-2012, 07:36 AM #7
- Hunted Botswana, Namibia, South Africa
- Bushwack has no Articles
- View Bushwack's Photos
07-27-2012, 09:01 AM #8
- Member of Cape Hunt.
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia
- CapeHunter has no Articles
- CapeHunter has no Photos
By TOM in forum Botswana Hunting ReportsReplies: 25Last Post: 12-29-2012, 07:15 PM
By tinaco in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 8Last Post: 09-24-2012, 01:25 PM
By dreaming in forum Hunts OFFERED or WANTED WorldwideReplies: 13Last Post: 02-28-2012, 05:41 PM
By The ProHunt Concierge Ltd. in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 6Last Post: 01-19-2012, 06:21 PM
By Worldclassfishingandhunting in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 11Last Post: 08-15-2011, 10:44 AM