This is a discussion on Bugling Elk within the Hunting Video Clips Watch Instantly forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Main category; Well gents I'm back from my elk hunt and the freezer will go empty unfortunately. Saturday was my best day. ...
09-24-2012, 04:47 PM #1
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
Well gents I'm back from my elk hunt and the freezer will go empty unfortunately. Saturday was my best day. Below is a video shot on my buddy's iPhone. See if you can spot the bull. The bull had been bugling and we were on the stalk. Everything was going pretty well until the bull turned directly at us which at first we didn't know. When we figured it out we were out in the open. He still kept coming but saw something he didn't like and held up behind some trees at 35 yards. There is just nothing quite like be bugled at directly from such a close distance. When my buddies get back that are still up there I'll hopefully post another near miss encounter. That video you'll get to see the bull much more closely.
The reward is in the challenge of the chase. Sounds like a good hunt Phil.When I am not hunting, I am thinking about hunting....I think I'll go hunting.
09-24-2012, 09:53 PM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Love that sound.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
09-25-2012, 05:23 AM #4
- Member of SCI, NRA
- Hunted South Africia Alaska, Canada, Most Western US
- arizona has no Articles
- View arizona's Photos
What a great time, , the video brough back memories thanks,
09-26-2012, 11:30 AM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Yep, you got busted in the open, too bad.