SOUTH AFRICA: Hartzview Safaris - Wonderful Trip!
This is a discussion on SOUTH AFRICA: Hartzview Safaris - Wonderful Trip! within the Hunting Reports & Reviews forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; I would like to report that my family experienced a wonderful adventure in late May with Hartzview Safaris. Jacques Spamer ...
SOUTH AFRICA: Hartzview Safaris - Wonderful Trip!
I would like to report that my family experienced a wonderful adventure in late May with Hartzview Safaris. Jacques Spamer is both a fine host and first class professional hunter. My son and I did the hunting while my wife was an enthusiastic observer. Our trip began with an on time flight on SA from Dulles to Joberg that Lori with Travel Express arranged for us. We were met at the airport by Bianca Stander of Safari Concierge. Bianca had us quickly through SAPS and on our way to an overnight stay at the Witwater Guest House. Witwater was a great place to spend the night. We had an excellent dinner and breakfast and the accommodations were first class. The next morning we took a charter to Hartzview's headquarters where Jacques and staff were waiting for us. We got settled in, checked our rifles, met the staff and headed out for our first afternoon. This was our first trip to Africa and the 3 of us were thrilled to finally be here. The accommodations were very nice and quite comfortable, while the food was both plentiful and delicious due to Rhea's culinary skills. Jacques had suggested that we have a video of our hunt and not only was it a great idea to allow us to relive the adventure time and again, more importantly we we able to spend several days with Scott and JP of HP Productions and made two very special new friends. All of the Hartzview staff made us feel like family and worked hard to make sure our trip was a success down to the last detail. My son is 16 years old and Jacques worked great with him throughout the trip. The hunting was both challenging and exciting. The highlight of the trip was standing next to my son as he took a lioness at 21 paces. Jacques was very particular about making sure that only mature trophies were taken which we very much appreciated and will ensure that his concession will continue to produce quality animals. While this was our first trip to Africa we have been on numerous guided trips across north America along with international vacations and business trips. I can honestly say that never had we had a better experience than this trip with Jacques. Not only did Jacques work tirelessly on our behalf, we we left we felt like we were leaving family behind. I recommend Jacques for your next Safari enthusiastically. Unexpectedly one of the most enjoyable aspects of this trip was enjoying the company of Bullet and Roxie, Jacques' Jack Russel terriers. Not only are they amazing tracking dogs they are so much fun to be around! Below are a few pictures from the trip.1.jpg10.jpg9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg11.jpg
07-02-2012, 07:46 PM #2
- Member of SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
- Hunted Africa...are there other continents to hunt?
Nice report and great animals.Tom
Well done, great Kudu!U.S. Contact for HartzView Safaris
07-02-2012, 08:21 PM #4
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
nice report and great trophies...
like the lionJames Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
07-02-2012, 08:34 PM #5
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
Congratulations on your successful hunt.
Father and son did well.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
07-02-2012, 10:47 PM #6
- Member of AfricaHunting.com
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, France, Spain, USA
Congratulations Adamsdjr! Thanks for sharing pictures and hunt report!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).
Click HERE to Support AH
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
07-03-2012, 05:37 AM #7
- Member of SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
Thank you for the report and kind words on our operations my friend. We all enjoyed having you guys in camp and I am looking forward on seeing you guys in January!
07-03-2012, 05:41 AM #8
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
Congrats for a great hunt and good trophies.
Thanks for sharing !
07-03-2012, 05:48 AM #9
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Great trophies! That Black Wildebeest is a "hoss". Congrat's!!
07-03-2012, 11:27 AM #10
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Thanks for the hunt report! Nice animals!
07-03-2012, 11:28 AM #11
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Congrats to you and your family for a great hunt and some fantastic trophies. Thanks for sharingEnjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
07-03-2012, 11:30 AM #12
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
Congrats, looks like a great hunt.The journey is the reward.
07-06-2012, 12:32 AM #13
- Member of SA Hunters, SA Wingsooters
- Hunted South Africa (Limpopo, North West, Free State, Mpumalanga, Kwa-Zulu Natal)
- davidhein has no Photos
Looks like you guys had an awesome time!
Congratulations on some fine animals
Congrats! Nice animals! Brian
Congrats with a great hunt and some great looking animals.
Thanks for sharing with us
You had a lifetime of hunting in just one hunt. Sweet!When I am not hunting, I am thinking about hunting....I think I'll go hunting.
By Hartzview Hunting Safaris in forum Hunting Conventions, Shows & EventsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
By Hartzview Hunting Safaris in forum Hunting Conventions, Shows & EventsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-10-2013, 07:56 PM
By Globetrotter in forum Hunting Reports & ReviewsReplies: 15Last Post: 04-02-2012, 08:24 PM
By Okiehunter in forum Hunting Reports & ReviewsReplies: 13Last Post: 11-22-2011, 03:27 AM
By GSTONE in forum Hunting Reports & ReviewsReplies: 13Last Post: 10-12-2011, 12:22 PM