TANZANIA: Second Tanzania hunt with Laszlo from Hungary
This is a discussion on TANZANIA: Second Tanzania hunt with Laszlo from Hungary within the Hunting Reports & Reviews forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; This is the second time we hunt in Selous with Laszlo. On his previous safari he shot a lion and ...
09-23-2011, 03:11 AM #1
- Member of Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
- Hunted senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
TANZANIA: Second Tanzania hunt with Laszlo from Hungary
This is the second time we hunt in Selous with Laszlo. On his previous safari he shot a lion and a leopard, so his main goal is an elephant and everyhting nice, just because he loves hunting !!!!! and of course if we can 3 buffaloes but only with his 470 double open sight.
On the first afternoon he shot a waterbuck and we hung some baits for leopard where I know a good track.
The next 6 days were devoted on elephant. We walked and tracked ''TEMBO'' in sandy river, hilly area, thicket, the days were long and tiring but it was not boring at all, we enjoyed the physical effort and we saw some bulls, too young or very old with short tusks, nothing good to shoot at. On day 6 we found a good fresh track (43 cm) at 12 o'clock...... after 1h45 of a great tracking, here it is, front side!! little bit nervous, like he knew we were close. We stood still for a while and when he relaxed we walked closer behind a big tree. At 40 m Laszlo raised his 470, off hand and fired but missed the brain..... the second instant shot dropped him for good. Respectfully we walked toward the dead giant without a word, but happy.
Even if the Elephant track is good and after many hours of tracking the Elephant is not necessarily good to shoot, so we take this moment to enjoy the animal, we have him a little to ourselves but we have to start all over, walk, walk, that's what hunting Elephant is all about...
And it is happiness, the Elephant is on the ground, we look at him realizing what just happened, we touch the ivory again and again and again...
Skinning the Elephant... a big job
Return to camp with the trophy...
The next day we went to check the leopard bait !! we were late and of course the clean bones were swaying below the branch !!!! So we hung some more meat. Two days later we sat and waited for him but Laszlo shot way over the spotted cat, too easy and a bit of loss of concentration. Not a big deal, we come back. On the way to our missed leopard I decided to cut all the other baits. We had a hit on one and the track is quite good. While we were looking at his way coming and going one of the tracker found a fresh kill from the previous night at about 30 m from the bait..... lucky boys !!!! quickly we set up the blind and we sat by 5h30. About 15 mn later we could hear the cat walking up and down the deep dry river below the tree bait. Just before dark he was on the branch.... this time the 300 grs bullet from the 375 HH Blazer went right through both shoulders. The first leopard never came back....
A good Leopard over 7 feet
On the way we had fun !!!! Laszlo shot the 3 buffaloes with his 470, two dugga boys and one in a herd of about 80 animals.
The real loner... Buffalo taken with a 470 double rifle
Buffalo shot at 20 meter in a herd...
Buffalo shot in a group of 3 males...
The old Buffaloes that we cherish, clever, cunning and evil...
Still young but already really wide, about 44 inches, we left him watching...
If you look in front of the third Buffalo from the right you can see a black mass in the grass, it is the male that we just shot at 20 meters.
He also shot a good hippo in the thicket at 12 meter....
At midday, the Hippos often lie in the Bakos bordering the rivers, it's the time I like to hunt them, they sleep deeply and we can approach them very closely to identify them and ensure a good shot. It's a slow walk as they are not easy to see, hidden in the bushes they can start up at very close range and of course charge because on earth they do not like being disturbed. The problem becomes quite serious when one meets a herd... Sometimes you end up in the trees!!!!! but that's sport and it's a lot of fun... This one was taken at 12 meter with a 470 when he had spotted us and was watching us as I do not like...
And some plains game ....
5 inch Bush Duiker hunted
Very old East African Eland
Big 55 inch East African Kudu from Selous
12 inch Warthog
Impala for Leopard bait
And we saw some lions, too young....
Promising young Lions laying down in the dry Mbaragandu river bed, Selous, Tanzania.
Promising young Lion.
Early morning encounter with Lion...
Our next hunt will be again the the Selous in 2013, for elephant and everything nice, of course......
Hunting Safaris in Tanzania & Central Africa with Christophe Morio
Tanzania and Central Africa are two great hunting countries, well organized, wild and remote where you can get special animals and where you will experience a hunt of a lifetime. This is what I offer.
TANZANIA SELOUS GAME RESERVE:
- Hunting season: July to December
- 21 hunting days for: elephant, lion, leopard, 3 buffaloes, hippopotamus, crocodile, roosevelt sable, eastern kudu, east african elan, nyassaland wildebeest, lichtenstein hartebeest, zebra, impala, warthog, bushpig, bush duiker, harvey duiker, bushbuck, hyena, reedbuck, waterbuck
- Hunting season: July to March
- 21 hunting days for: lesser kudu, greater kudu, gerenuk, grant gazelle, patterson eland, coke hartebeest, fringed eared oryx, dik dik, bush duiker, steinbuck, ostrich, zebra, warthog, klipsringer, impala, hyena, crocodile, bushbuck, bushpig, buffalo, lion, leopard
SPECIAL OFFER IN MASSAILAND FOR JANUARY, FEBRUARY, MARCH:
15 hunting days with a 21 days license
I can also organize a combo SELOUS/MASSAILAND.
- Hunting season: January to mid May
- 12 hunting days with 2 buffaloes and plain game
- 12 hunting days with 1 big animal: lord derby eland, bongo, giant forest hog, leopard and buffalo and plains game
- 19 hunting days with 2 big animals: lord derby eland, bongo, giant forest hog, leopard and buffalo and plains game
- 26 hunting days with 3 big animals: lord derby eland, bongo, giant forest hog, leopard and buffalo and plains game
For further information or other combination, please feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my website at www.safarismorio.canalblog.com.
09-23-2011, 04:59 AM #2
- Member of SSAA,Military Pistol Club
- Hunted Australia,Zimbabwe
Fantastic photos. Thanks Christophe.
09-23-2011, 08:05 AM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
Thanks for sharing some great pictures. A very fruitful hunt.
08-20-2012, 12:06 PM #4
- Member of 3; Danish Hawking club, danish hunting association, and nordic safari club
- Hunted Denmark, Scotland, Germany, Spain, Namibia, Finland
very nice like always christophe. If only I has the cash.....maybe in my next life.. :-) But always nice reading.!
08-20-2012, 02:17 PM #5
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
nothing shy of brillant christophe
great hunting area
great animals well done
08-21-2012, 11:15 AM #6
- Member of OJJF
- Hunted Norway, South Africa
- svinejakt has no Photos
Congratuations, its a dream for almost every hunter to hunt Tanzania. This seemed to be that dream come through again for Laszlo. If only the lotto numbers gives me that pleasureHunted Norway and South Africa, so many places left:)
By Rockhunter in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2012, 04:23 AM
By 9,3x62 in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 11Last Post: 06-19-2011, 11:26 PM
By christophe morio in forum Hunting Reports & ReviewsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-29-2010, 01:33 AM
By Nyatiboss in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 6Last Post: 09-21-2010, 05:31 AM
By AfricaHunting.com in forum Hunting VideosReplies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM