This is a discussion on Whitetail World within the Hunting North America forums, part of the HUNTING OUTSIDE OF AFRICA category; I haven't been on the forum much this fall due to the amount of time I have been spending in ...
I haven't been on the forum much this fall due to the amount of time I have been spending in the world of the whitetail deer.
My first hunt was an archery deer hunt in my home state of Wisconsin (USA) Two days and nine points later I was finished.
The next adventure was to South Dakota (USA) where I blew an easy shot at a world class buck after stalking him in his bed.
Then it was off to archery hunt Kansas (USA) where I managed to take a real old 10pt buck with 8" bases on his antlers.
The last hunt was a rifle hunt back home in Wisconsin, where I once again had some luck with a long beamed 8pt.
All my hunts were DIY which adds much satisfaction when things work out so well.
DSC00219.jpgWhen I am not hunting, I am thinking about hunting....I think I'll go hunting.
11-24-2012, 06:59 PM #2
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
Very nice! A friend of mine who lives here in Phoenix but is from Wisconsin just killed a nice 8 pointer last week I think near Wausau.U.S. Contact for HartzView Safaris
11-24-2012, 07:41 PM #4
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Congrats to ya... Those are all some fine whitetails...
Thus far just a junk 8point during second weekend of rifle season for me (I'll take it for Jerky), I have not seen but 16 deer over the last 2 months. Very different from the past two years.
There have been some fine Whitetails taken in MI, WI, MN, and IL,,,, just none around me
If it was easy, everyone would do it, right...
Again, congrats on your fantastic animals."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith
11-25-2012, 06:45 AM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
WOW, some nice whitetails Stretch!!!!
11-25-2012, 08:13 PM #6
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Only 47 more states to go...Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
11-26-2012, 06:43 AM #7
- Member of Boone and Crockett Club, Pope and Young Club, NRA, Mule Deer Foundation, Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation, Foundation for North American Wild Sheep
- Hunted United States, Canada, South Africa
- NDwildlifebio has no Articles
- View NDwildlifebio's Photos
Congrats on some very nice deer! Always a good feeling when the deer gods smile down upon you and grant you such success! I was wondering what part of South Dakota you hunted? Not so you would reveal your secret spot, of course, but I was just curious as I have been working in southcentral SD this year and wow! was there ever a pronounced, active, and intense rut going on there this fall. I saw some real dandy bucks chasing and tending does. Gotta hunt there someday. For now I am chasing a gorgeous buck here on my own place in ND. Currently he is about as nocturnal as a vampire, though! HA!
11-26-2012, 07:46 AM #8
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Good deer Stretch! Congrats!
Whitetails are a blast. It sure is challenging matching wits with whatever critter one pursues.
35bore - Congrats on your buck. No such thing as "junk" deer, they are all fun to hunt.
NDwildlifeblo - I hunted near Winner SD. Good area. Some big deer south central. Hope you get a crack at the buck your after. Best luck I have had with those nocturnal whitetails is hunting tight into the bedding areas on windy days. The wind neutralizes two of their primary senses allowing one to egress and regress without being busted. Heavy winds seldom swirl, even in creek bottoms or uneven terrain.
Brick - 47 more states... good idea. Now that is a goal I can get into.
Thanks to everyone for their kind accolades.When I am not hunting, I am thinking about hunting....I think I'll go hunting.
11-28-2012, 08:09 AM #10
Great deer for sure!Tom
By Blue Skies Hunting Adventures in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 0Last Post: 02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
By Blue Skies Hunting Adventures in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2011, 11:03 AM
By browningbbr in forum Hunting North AmericaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2009, 11:35 AM
By husb0023 in forum Hunting North AmericaReplies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2009, 06:04 PM
By Ray Atkinson in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 0Last Post: 09-01-2009, 10:41 AM