Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

The Donald Trump's Boys under fire from PETA

This is a discussion on The Donald Trump's Boys under fire from PETA within the Hunting North America forums, part of the HUNTING OUTSIDE OF AFRICA category; On the front page of Yahoo you can read the about the unspeakable acts of the two sons of Donald ...

  1. #1
    WARTY09 is offline AH Member
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20
    WARTY09 has no Articles
    View WARTY09's Photos

    Default The Donald Trump's Boys under fire from PETA

    On the front page of Yahoo you can read the about the unspeakable acts of
    the two sons of Donald Trump. These two men are being thrown under the bus
    for enjoying their passion of hunting. Never been much of a Trump fan but
    his sons are one of us. Check it out and chime in on your thoughts and remarks.
    We as hunters should support Donalds boys...

  2. #2
    jepetto62 is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    106

    Member of la diana

    Hunted Switzerland, France, Belgium, Sweden, Poland, Mauritius,Namibia, SA, Zimbabwe, Canada, New Foundland, Yukon, BC, Alaska, Argentina

    jepetto62 has no Articles
    View jepetto62's Photos

    Default

    Seen the post, not a fan of the Trumps at all but that is not the point.
    These guys are sons' of a public figure and they should know their acts are going to be scrutinized. How can they be stupid enough to post (facebook, twitters?) pics that are offensive for most people?
    I understand your point but, frankly, have a hard time supporting two ... that are not doing a favor to the hunting community!

  3. #3
    jepetto62 is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    106

    Member of la diana

    Hunted Switzerland, France, Belgium, Sweden, Poland, Mauritius,Namibia, SA, Zimbabwe, Canada, New Foundland, Yukon, BC, Alaska, Argentina

    jepetto62 has no Articles
    View jepetto62's Photos

    Default

    By the way, I come from Switzerland, where we had twice a vote to abolish hunting (rejected by a narrow margin), so no sympathy for these two idiots who are putting fuel on the fire!
    And yes, I have hunted elephant.
    And no I do not hide it, but do not throw pictures around.

  4. #4
    teenhunter is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    198

    Member of diana

    Hunted namibia,southafrica,zimbabwe,sweden,france,mauritus,switzerland

    teenhunter has no Articles
    View teenhunter's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jepetto62 View Post
    Seen the post, not a fan of the Trumps at all but that is not the point.
    These guys are sons' of a public figure and they should know their acts are going to be scrutinized. How can they be stupid enough to post (facebook, twitters?) pics that are offensive for most people?
    I understand your point but, frankly, have a hard time supporting two ... that are not doing a favor to the hunting community!

  5. #5
    35bore's Avatar
    35bore is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,968

    Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever

    Hunted USA, South Africa, France

    35bore has no Articles
    View 35bore's Photos

    Default

    Googled the story, and once again the anti's are creating disruption in the hunting community. There were only a couple of "stupid" pictures, the rest seemed like any other hunting photo's. So because these guys are Don's kids, they are going to be persecuted for hunting.... Whatever, didn't take long for some of us to disown them either....Hope PETA never comes after one of us commoners personally (doubt they will), guess we would see how quickly our brothers would shun us though.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith

  6. #6
    Diamondhitch's Avatar
    Diamondhitch is offline AH Legend
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,309

    Member of SCI

    Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan

    Diamondhitch has no Articles
    View Diamondhitch's Photos

    Default

    I did not see or hear anything about this. Is my understanding correct, they are simply guilty of posting hunting pics on facebook? If so good for them as this is not casting hunting in a bad light in any way whatsoever. I will not hide in the shadows and be ashamed of the fact that I hunt and neither should they. If however there is something actually derogatory or degrading towards hunting going on there then I will put my foot in my big mouth and shut up.
    The journey is the reward.

  7. #7
    PHOENIX PHIL's Avatar
    PHOENIX PHIL is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,869

    Member of SCI

    Hunted USA, S. Africa

    PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
    View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos

    Default

    Perhaps if the Trumps knew they would get this reaction they would not have posted these pictures, read link below. I'm not sure why the sons posting pics of their animals is any worse than the photo galleries on the many outfitter websites that are available to all.

    The A***oles didn't fall far from the tree: Trumps sons pose with their dead animals - Democratic Underground
    U.S. Contact for HartzView Safaris
    Email: philip.clayton@cox.net
    480-861-9232
    www.hvsafaris.com

  8. #8
    teenhunter is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    198

    Member of diana

    Hunted namibia,southafrica,zimbabwe,sweden,france,mauritus,switzerland

    teenhunter has no Articles
    View teenhunter's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondhitch View Post
    I did not see or hear anything about this. Is my understanding correct, they are simply guilty of posting hunting pics on facebook? If so good for them as this is not casting hunting in a bad light in any way whatsoever. I will not hide in the shadows and be ashamed of the fact that I hunt and neither should they. If however there is something actually derogatory or degrading towards hunting going on there then I will put my foot in my big mouth and shut up.

    Donald Trump
    the article on yahoo about this!

  9. #9
    35bore's Avatar
    35bore is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,968

    Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever

    Hunted USA, South Africa, France

    35bore has no Articles
    View 35bore's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondhitch View Post
    I did not see or hear anything about this. Is my understanding correct, they are simply guilty of posting hunting pics on facebook? If so good for them as this is not casting hunting in a bad light in any way whatsoever. I will not hide in the shadows and be ashamed of the fact that I hunt and neither should they. If however there is something actually derogatory or degrading towards hunting going on there then I will put my foot in my big mouth and shut up.
    Diamondhitch,

    If I am getting it right, the article said they posted 2 pictures that were creating all the hoopla, one was with and Elephant tail in hand and the knife to cut it off with in the other hand "this is the one I did not see" (so not the best as far a hunting PR). The second was of a croc with a rope around it's neck hoisted up in a tree, to show it's size. Those are the ones that are creating the fuss... I have seen the other photos and they look normal to me, and have seen the croc in a tree pictures in the past from other hunters.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith

  10. #10
    PHOENIX PHIL's Avatar
    PHOENIX PHIL is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,869

    Member of SCI

    Hunted USA, S. Africa

    PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
    View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos

    Default

    Haven't seen the croc photo but have seen the ele photo and it is as you describe.
    U.S. Contact for HartzView Safaris
    Email: philip.clayton@cox.net
    480-861-9232
    www.hvsafaris.com

  11. #11
    VanderLaan is offline AH Senior Member
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    70

    Member of SCI, Quail Forever, NAVHDA

    VanderLaan has no Articles
    VanderLaan has no Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PHOENIX PHIL View Post
    I'm not sure why the sons posting pics of their animals is any worse than the photo galleries on the many outfitter websites that are available to all.
    This was my thought as well. The only reason there is a fuss over this is because of the last name and the attention that it will bring. Pretty sure the pics of my upcoming RSA hunt will not make it to the front page of the PETA web page.

  12. #12
    ikeda is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    116

    Member of NRA, TSRA, SCI

    Hunted Namibia (3), Zimbabwe

    ikeda has no Articles
    View ikeda's Photos

    Default

    The only thing I can see they did was post pictures of their successful hunt. So why hide it?

    I think we are (as a group) too timid in our dealings with the uneducated morons out there. We should be proud of what we do, educate those who are willing to learn, and defend our fellow hunters against these unwarranted attacks just as vociferously as those idiots who attack our passion. Never take a step back. When someone asks you "how can you shoot a ________" The answer should be "What I'm doing is legal, good for the species, good for the ecosystem, good for the local economy and provides healthy protein, so why don't you tell me why I should NOT shoot one"

  13. #13
    Diamondhitch's Avatar
    Diamondhitch is offline AH Legend
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,309

    Member of SCI

    Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan

    Diamondhitch has no Articles
    View Diamondhitch's Photos

    Default

    I have never understood the Elephant tail photo, adding the knife may be in bad taste although it looks to me like he cut it off then stood up and someone snapped the pic, he is not showing off the knife at all, this is something that any of us could or would have done, it is still far from a gruesom depiction of hunters in a bad light. As far as the croc photo I say 'conrats nice croc'.
    The journey is the reward.

  14. #14
    Diamondhitch's Avatar
    Diamondhitch is offline AH Legend
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,309

    Member of SCI

    Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan

    Diamondhitch has no Articles
    View Diamondhitch's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ikeda View Post
    The only thing I can see they did was post pictures of their successful hunt. So why hide it?

    I think we are (as a group) too timid in our dealings with the uneducated morons out there. We should be proud of what we do, educate those who are willing to learn, and defend our fellow hunters against these unwarranted attacks just as vociferously as those idiots who attack our passion. Never take a step back. When someone asks you "how can you shoot a ________" The answer should be "What I'm doing is legal, good for the species, good for the ecosystem, good for the local economy and provides healthy protein, so why don't you tell me why I should NOT shoot one"
    My feelings exactly, except replace morons with masses. LOL Some are not so bad just uneducated.
    The journey is the reward.

  15. #15
    teenhunter is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    198

    Member of diana

    Hunted namibia,southafrica,zimbabwe,sweden,france,mauritus,switzerland

    teenhunter has no Articles
    View teenhunter's Photos

    Default

    Donald and Eric Trump pictured posing with their 'trophy' carcasses on big African hunt | Mail Online
    i think its a totaly normal safari with great pictures.
    but the picture with the man holding the sawed off tail of the elephant (that i think is a tradition in africa after killing an elephant) is for sure incomprehensible for anti-hunters and non hunters.
    i think that the trump brothers didn't think before posting these pictures on internet!
    if i would be a famous guy i would not post hunting pictures in internet becose anti-hunters and non-hunters would imediatly blame you! (like they did with the trump brothers!)
    that a shame becose it gives a bad image about hunting!

  16. #16
    teenhunter is offline AH Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    198

    Member of diana

    Hunted namibia,southafrica,zimbabwe,sweden,france,mauritus,switzerland

    teenhunter has no Articles
    View teenhunter's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teenhunter View Post
    Donald and Eric Trump pictured posing with their 'trophy' carcasses on big African hunt | Mail Online
    i think its a totaly normal safari with great pictures.
    but the picture with the man holding the sawed off tail of the elephant (that i think is a tradition in africa after killing an elephant) is for sure incomprehensible for anti-hunters and non hunters.
    i think that the trump brothers didn't think before posting these pictures on internet!
    if i would be a famous guy i would not post hunting pictures in internet becose anti-hunters and non-hunters would imediatly blame you! (like they did with the trump brothers!)
    that a shame becose it gives a bad image about hunting!
    but they have some relly nice trophies!

  17. #17
    ThomasBeaham's Avatar
    ThomasBeaham is offline BRONZE SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    288

    Member of SCI, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited

    Hunted Republic South Africa (Limpopo)

    ThomasBeaham has no Articles
    View ThomasBeaham's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 35bore View Post
    Googled the story, and once again the anti's are creating disruption in the hunting community. There were only a couple of "stupid" pictures, the rest seemed like any other hunting photo's. So because these guys are Don's kids, they are going to be persecuted for hunting.... Whatever, didn't take long for some of us to disown them either....Hope PETA never comes after one of us commoners personally (doubt they will), guess we would see how quickly our brothers would shun us though.
    35bore, +1
    The Trump boys have been hunting for years. That isn't news to me.
    If any of the idiots at Yahoo.com had spent one second researching this they would know that too.
    Here's the thing...
    Yahoo.com has no interest in promoting the value of hunting. They do however have an interest in creating controversy. It sells advertising space. What do you think the odds are of them providing equal time/space on their front page for our side of the story? My guess....next to none.

    The antihunting orgs. have been VERY successful in their use of the "Divide and Conquer" strategy.
    The strategy that has been around since at least 600 B.C. and utilized successfully by
    Caesar,Napoleon,and Gabinius just to name a few.
    Unfortunately, their strategy has even been successful in permeating even our own ranks (as evidenced in a very few posts above)and I find that sad.

    I would share a campfire with the Trump boys any day.

    ThomasBeaham ~unapologetic hunter/conservationist~

  18. #18
    Diamondhitch's Avatar
    Diamondhitch is offline AH Legend
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,309

    Member of SCI

    Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan

    Diamondhitch has no Articles
    View Diamondhitch's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teenhunter View Post
    i think that the trump brothers didn't think before posting these pictures on internet!
    if i would be a famous guy i would not post hunting pictures in internet becose anti-hunters and non-hunters would imediatly blame you! (like they did with the trump brothers!)
    that a shame becose it gives a bad image about hunting!
    Craig Boddington is a famous guy, sports stars, actors, musicians, etc. Should they all stop posting their pictures on the internet? Should they be ashamed and hide? Not in my opinion anyway, criminals and sneaks stick to the shadows and watch their every move, be proud of what you do and let the chips fall where they may.
    The journey is the reward.

  19. #19
    Diamondhitch's Avatar
    Diamondhitch is offline AH Legend
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,309

    Member of SCI

    Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan

    Diamondhitch has no Articles
    View Diamondhitch's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBeaham View Post
    35bore, +1
    The Trump boys have been hunting for years. That isn't news to me.
    If any of the idiots at Yahoo.com had spent one second researching this they would know that too.
    Here's the thing...
    Yahoo.com has no interest in promoting the value of hunting. They do however have an interest in creating controversy. It sells advertising space. What do you think the odds are of them providing equal time/space on their front page for our side of the story? My guess....next to none.

    The antihunting orgs. have been VERY successful in their use of the "Divide and Conquer" strategy.
    The strategy that has been around since at least 600 B.C. and utilized successfully by
    Caesar,Napoleon,and Gabinius just to name a few.
    Unfortunately, their strategy has even been successful in permeating even our own ranks (as evidenced in a very few posts above)and I find that sad.

    I would share a campfire with the Trump boys any day.

    ThomasBeaham ~unapologetic hunter/conservationist~
    I wish I had a smiley of a guy hitting a nail on the head to post for this one.
    The journey is the reward.

  20. #20
    35bore's Avatar
    35bore is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,968

    Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever

    Hunted USA, South Africa, France

    35bore has no Articles
    View 35bore's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBeaham View Post
    35bore, +1
    The Trump boys have been hunting for years. That isn't news to me.
    If any of the idiots at Yahoo.com had spent one second researching this they would know that too.
    Here's the thing...
    Yahoo.com has no interest in promoting the value of hunting. They do however have an interest in creating controversy. It sells advertising space. What do you think the odds are of them providing equal time/space on their front page for our side of the story? My guess....next to none.

    The antihunting orgs. have been VERY successful in their use of the "Divide and Conquer" strategy.
    The strategy that has been around since at least 600 B.C. and utilized successfully by
    Caesar,Napoleon,and Gabinius just to name a few.
    Unfortunately, their strategy has even been successful in permeating even our own ranks (as evidenced in a very few posts above)and I find that sad.

    I would share a campfire with the Trump boys any day.

    ThomasBeaham ~unapologetic hunter/conservationist~
    Agree, was just a little/lot disheartening seeing the first couple of posts'... Just another tabloid cover, at least I will look at the pictures if they post them.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ZIMBABWE: Dugga boys with SSG safaris
    By Thunder head in forum Hunting Reports & Reviews
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 08:54 AM
  2. Where does PETA stand on this one?
    By Diamondhitch in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or Pictures
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 09:54 AM
  3. Wild Animals at Bay by Famous "White Hunter" Donald Ker
    By AfricaHunting.com in forum Hunting Africa
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM
  4. fire!
    By observe in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or Pictures
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:18 AM
  5. PETA, you're making this personal! Seal vs Rugby
    By ruppell in forum Humorous Jokes, Stories or Pictures
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 06:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •