A hunter is born....
This is a discussion on A hunter is born.... within the Hunting North America forums, part of the Hunting Outside of Africa category; I just realized I never posted this picture. My youngest boy completed his hunter ed this year and I promised ...
11-16-2013, 08:05 PM #1
- Member of SCI
- Hunted USA, S. Africa
- PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
- View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos
A hunter is born....
I just realized I never posted this picture. My youngest boy completed his hunter ed this year and I promised him a squirrel hunt. The pic is pretty bad as I had a smudge unknown to me on the lens of my iPhone. Justin used my dad's .410 gauge Savage single shot that he got around the same age. I'd like to think somewhere in heaven my dad was looking down smiling.
This squirrel was taken just a few hundred yards from my first archery bull elk. When we first got to the woods that evening after driving up from Phoenix, we spotted a pretty big flock of turkeys. The birds I'm sure knew we were there but we got to play with them a little sneaking in on them a couple of different times. We also numerous elk on this trip with one giant bull included.....the boy is hooked!
11-16-2013, 09:39 PM #2
- Member of Mule Deer Foundation
- Hunted South Africa, United States (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Wyoming)
- HuntingGold has no Articles
- View HuntingGold's Photos
How cool is that!
11-16-2013, 09:43 PM #3
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
11-16-2013, 09:45 PM #4
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
the squirrel killer.James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
11-17-2013, 09:41 AM #5
- Member of SCI, NRA
- Hunted South Africia, Botswana, Alaska, Canada, Most Western US
- arizona has no Articles
- View arizona's Photos
very cool Phil, you are a wise man to teach your sons the hunting arts.
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM #6
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Congrats to new hunter and proud dad !
11-17-2013, 12:40 PM #7
thats great , he looks very pleased with himself
11-17-2013, 03:08 PM #8
- Member of SCI, RMEF
- Hunted Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
- Blue Skies Hunting Adventures has no Articles
- View Blue Skies Hunting Adventures's Photos
Very cool. Some great parenting going on there.Brian
Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
11-17-2013, 04:19 PM #9
- Member of ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
winners are grinners phil .your smile would of mirrored justins im sure .and im betting your father has one on his face also
congratulations to the youg bloke , and hats off to yourself and every parent that takes the kids into the bush ,to share their skills and experinces .
11-17-2013, 06:48 PM #10
I suppose a safari in his future now for sure!