What are you wearing for boots?
This is a discussion on What are you wearing for boots? within the Hunting Equipment, Gear & Optics forums, part of the Hunting Equipment & Gear Forums - Hunting Equipment & Hunting Gear category; I wore Irish setter soft paw chukkas, the model without the waterproof membrane, and loved everything but the sole, which ...
06-27-2012, 08:11 PM #21
- bdmd5093 has no Articles
- bdmd5093 has no Photos
I wore Irish setter soft paw chukkas, the model without the waterproof membrane, and loved everything but the sole, which was a little too hard and noisy. A softer rubber sole, like a crepe sole or nonchunky vibram sole, would make it a perfect boot.
I have had a lot of luck with Keen brand shoes. Very comfortable and durable. I Just ordered another pair for my trip to Africa next year. You can view them at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KKZ4KC/...M2T1_ST1_dp_i1When I am not hunting, I am thinking about hunting....I think I'll go hunting.
06-28-2012, 11:44 AM #23
- Hunted Germany, Zambia, Cameroun, Burkina Faso, USA, Mozambique, Poland, South Africa, Namibia, NewZealand, Canada, Croatia, CZ, Scotland, Belarus, Lithuania
- Caracal has no Articles
- View Caracal's Photos
10-27-2012, 09:38 PM #24
- Member of SCI, NRA Life member, NAHC Life member, Oregon Hunter Ass'n
- Hunted USA, RSA, Canada
- GSTONE has no Articles
- View GSTONE's Photos
I've used Merrell Moab mid hikers for the last two years. Good protection, comfortable, and very QUIET. I used to use Danners in Oregon, but the Merrells are much more appropriate for me in South Africa.
10-28-2012, 02:00 AM #25
- Member of New Zealand Deerstalkers Association, New Zealand Hunting and Shooting
- Hunted South Africa, New Zealand
- Spudattack has no Articles
- Spudattack has no Photos
A lot to be said for the good old Bata "Vellie!"Overkill is underrated...
10-28-2012, 05:35 AM #26
- Member of NRA Life Member
- Hunted South Africa
- 1ObsessedHunter has no Articles
- View 1ObsessedHunter's Photos
10-28-2012, 06:12 AM #27
- Hunted Aus, New Zealand,New Calidonia, Mongolia, Zim and Moz
- classicsafari has no Articles
- View classicsafari's Photos
For Africa and warm Aus conditions I use these "Victor's" (also everyday for work) and more so Courtney Safaris on the hunts.
11-05-2012, 06:22 PM #28
- Member of NRA, BLACK HILLS SPORTSMAN CLUB, SOUTH DAKOTA ARCHERY ASSOC.
- Hunted Canada, South Africa
- pudwillcurt has no Articles
- View pudwillcurt's Photos
I have used Danner uninsulated Pronghorn boots a few times in South Africa and find them to be light, tough and very comfortable.
By Heym 88 in forum Hunting Equipment, Gear & OpticsReplies: 28Last Post: 06-05-2013, 04:06 PM
By James.Grage in forum Hunting Equipment, Gear & OpticsReplies: 55Last Post: 12-31-2011, 07:14 PM
By JamieD in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 14Last Post: 05-11-2011, 08:49 AM
By tarawa in forum Hunting Equipment, Gear & OpticsReplies: 19Last Post: 10-16-2010, 02:56 PM
By FFemt5287 in forum Hunting Equipment, Gear & OpticsReplies: 16Last Post: 10-09-2010, 09:13 AM