Jet Boating New Zealand
This is a discussion on Jet Boating New Zealand within the Hunting Australia & New Zealand forums, part of the Hunting Outside of Africa category; We often use jet boats here in New Zealand to access hunting areas which are well off the beaten track, ...
10-24-2012, 12:07 AM #1
- Member of SCI International, SCI New Zealand Chapter
- Hunted New Zealand, New Caledonia, Australia, Pakistan
- MountainEdge has no Articles
- View MountainEdge's Photos
Jet Boating New Zealand
We often use jet boats here in New Zealand to access hunting areas which are well off the beaten track, it also adds another exciting element to the hunt! This particular area in this video is home to Red Deer and a few feral hogs, trophy quality is low so we mainly hunt here for meat, during the fishing season tho the lake and river is home to huge trophy brown trout. The Lake ( Lake Hauroko ) is New Zealand's deepest at 463 meters, it then drains via the the Wairaurahiri river which falls 185 meters over 27 kms to the sea, location Fiordland national park. Video shows a typical trip down the river:
10-24-2012, 05:29 AM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Hand grips for the white knuckle ride!
Must be a Renal Unit at the bottom to help with the Kidney replacements.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
10-24-2012, 08:08 PM #3
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Beautiful country side, and it looked like the boat ride was a blast. More fun going upstream by the look on the drivers face..."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith
By nzhuntinginfo in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 16Last Post: 10-20-2012, 09:43 PM
By Aoraki Guided Hunts in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2010, 02:10 AM
By Aoraki Guided Hunts in forum Hunting Australia & New ZealandReplies: 3Last Post: 07-12-2010, 02:29 AM
By Aoraki Guided Hunts in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-27-2009, 05:53 PM
By lakedaemonian in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 5Last Post: 09-27-2009, 05:19 PM