Hunting Concession Wanted!
This is a discussion on Hunting Concession Wanted! within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; I am looking for a new hunting consession to hunt outside of South Africa. I've hunted the past 10 years ...
01-10-2013, 09:47 PM #1
- Nitro has no Articles
- Nitro has no Photos
Hunting Concession Wanted!
I am looking for a new hunting consession to hunt outside of South Africa. I've hunted the past 10 years primarily in RSA, and my repeat clients have run out of things to shoot and are tired of hunting my same farm. I've hunted in Namibia and Tanzania for several years, but I need a place to call home. I need somewhere I can leave my bakkie and personal equipment safely between hunts. I have my own clients to bring and am not interested in partnering up until I build up your business and you take all my clients. I want a place I can bring my hunters, that I can guide them, I can use my company name, and treat and handle people how I tell them they are going to be treated. I need prices that are fair and that I can still make a profit with. I don't mind paying for all my expenses ie. diesel, food, workers, etc. from start to finish.
I've been screwed over twice in RSA before I bought my own place by gents that just wanted a booking agent and access to my hunters. There won't be a third time. I'm good to work with and treat everything as if it is mine and I certainly understand the need to have your people around to ensure that your interest are protected, but as far as how my clients hunts go I have a way I like to do things.
My main needs are things outside of the typical Kudu, Springbok, Blesbok, Eland, Wildabeest stuff I have in RSA. I generally need about 10-12 buffalo, 1-2 Lion, 1-2 Leapord, 4+ Elephant a year plus plains game not to common to every farm in RSA.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any contacts, offers, or ideas. Cheers!
01-10-2013, 09:54 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Welcome to AH!
I'll be interested to see what response you get.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
01-10-2013, 11:49 PM #3
- Member of PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
- Hunted South Africa, Botswana
- Bos en Dal Safaris has no Articles
- View Bos en Dal Safaris's Photos
Welcome to AH
Hope you find what you need
regardsGerrit Jansen van Vuuren
BOS EN DAL HUNTING SAFARIS - South Africa
01-11-2013, 05:33 AM #4
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOC-404 has no Articles
- View DOC-404's Photos
01-11-2013, 05:41 AM #5
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
I will be interesting to see what is available for you.James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
01-11-2013, 06:00 AM #6
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Welcome to AH NITRO! Please let us know how this works out it sounds interesting.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
01-11-2013, 06:36 AM #7
Sounds like you need to buy your own farm or tender on a concession area.Tom
It is very interesting to see this post here at this forum. Outside of RSA you will be required to hunt with a licensed outfitter and PH from the hosting country. They will have a set rate and you will have to add on to this rate or take a commission from them and possibly PH pay. As a SA PH you can get yourself licensed in Mozambique or Tanzania but again, you must hunt with the concession holder. As stated before you could tender for your own concession area in Mozambique but you will need deep pockets to do so. Yes, the other countries outside of SA will certainly only be interested in you for your clients but that is the price you pay when operating outside of your base country. You can contact me directly at email@example.com if you'd like to talk about it privately. I can certainly tell you what not to do in Zimbabwe.
01-11-2013, 10:57 AM #9
- Member of PHASA, SCI
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Canada, USA
- Kalahari416 has no Articles
- View Kalahari416's Photos
Welcome to AH Nitro. What you are looking for is not as straight forward as it may seem to you.
You basically have Zim, Namibia and Mozambique as options and as Ken said, not all of these will let you qualify as PH if you are not a citizen of their country.
I hope you are sucessful in your quest.
01-11-2013, 11:15 AM #10
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Welcome to AH Nitro, and good luck with your search !
01-11-2013, 09:43 PM #11
Nitro welcome to AH. i have refrained from joining in your thread but sorry here i go,,,i hope you dont take offense, but i cant believe in this day and age any person involved in hunting, and who understands the different scenarios in the limited amount of countries you are asking to operate puts forward the request you have. the specific animals you want represent in a lot of areas the years quota for the operator, so why should they allow you to come and "join" them?? or do you want to sublease their area which in this recent day and age is looking like a bad idea.............
01-11-2013, 09:52 PM #12
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
I think you are correct Spike, what he is asking for is the impossible.
01-11-2013, 10:33 PM #13
- Nitro has no Articles
- Nitro has no Photos
Let me clarify
Thanks guys for all of the responses. Please let me clarify a few good points that you have brought up.
(1) I completely understand the need to hunt with someone from that consession. My only point was I understand that someone may be there, but how we hunt, stalk, track, follow up, etc. I would like to do it the way I have for years. I don't want to be with this PH this trip that sets baits like this and the next trip this one thinks I should build a blind here. It's kind of like a game scout in Tanzania they are there, but as long as what I'm doing is legal and right they don't tell me that we should shoot this or that animal.
(2) I understand that it is impossible to have one block that can produce all of the animals that I need for a season, I just meant that I would like to have one person or two that I answer to, I don't mind hunting in the Moyowosi for part or all of one safari and then going south of the Salous for another depending on what I need. I just want to be able to tell people in advance where we will be, know the area, and animals for myself. I just don't want to be hunting a different place 10 times a season.
(3) I'm well aware of the pricing issues but if we sell the hunt at your price and you pay me a "commission", what is the difference in just telling me it will cost you X, X being the price minus the commission.
Again I don't mind Zambia, and I love Tanzania and know how to hunt it well, or Mozambique. I don't mind having to go between countries, like I said I just don't want to have to travel to new places I've never been every single time for the next several years!
I hope that explains some of those points, and again please keep the posts coming!
By Bos en Dal Safaris in forum Bowhunting AfricaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM
By Intu Safaris in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 10Last Post: 01-12-2013, 09:07 AM
By Rastaman in forum Free ClassifiedsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-12-2013, 08:42 AM
By Brad in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 12Last Post: 04-25-2012, 11:43 PM
By AFRICAN INDABA in forum Latest Hunting NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-28-2010, 09:37 AM