World Record Nyala available 35 inches!
This is a discussion on World Record Nyala available 35 inches! within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Well the auction will conclude today. Current price seems to be around the half million South African Rands. Any takers? ...
11-02-2012, 12:15 AM #1
World Record Nyala available 35 inches!Success I think is where experience, preparation, commitment and luck meets up
11-02-2012, 05:04 AM #2"We sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" Winston Churchill
11-02-2012, 05:13 AM #3
This is NOT hunting anymore....... Its like shopping! Choosing sizes as you want to. Its BAD for the hunting industry.
11-02-2012, 07:13 AM #4
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
As in other places...The new Billionaires are edging out the millionaires...
It is taking place all over the world and it seems like it is moving to hunting also...
Just look at all the tags being sold at conventions...you cannot find fault with the state game and fish when they can sell a tag for $100,000 or more...the number of these tags has risen due to the demand for them...James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
11-02-2012, 09:53 AM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
That's crazy expensive!!!
11-02-2012, 02:29 PM #6
- Member of ssaa, aba ,
- Hunted australia south africa (limpopo) canada (b.c)
- bluey has no Articles
- View bluey's Photos
its sad is what it is .
i hope who ever so desparetely wants a world record trophy on the wall hangs a photo of the cheque beside it ....
one of the two should get a response from they re friends
What's his name and his favorite toy?
11-02-2012, 06:15 PM #8
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Zimbabwe, England, Scotland, USA (Alaska, California, Arizona, Oregon)
- SRHunter has no Articles
- SRHunter has no Photos
11-02-2012, 06:54 PM #9
- Hunted Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
- Cliffy has no Articles
- View Cliffy's Photos
I know I'm going to start a fire storm here but- All it takes to be a Diamond level hunter is $$$$$$$$$$$.
11-02-2012, 10:29 PM #10
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Incredible animal. I hope he gets into someones breeding program and not just a quick trophy.
I won't be in on this auction. Thanks Andries.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
11-03-2012, 02:36 AM #11
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
Surely this is a breeder and not a trophy to be shot! Would be some great gene's in your stock.Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
I really think SCI should go to fair chase only records like B&C. I have no issues with folks shooting trophys on high fenced areas, but putting them in the record book is ridiculous. I think going fair chase would prevent this crap.
11-03-2012, 12:56 PM #13
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM #14
I think SCI should introduce the same system in Africa as in the USA. There should be a difference between Estate and free-range. For the record: this bull will be used for breeding. The current owner insistSuccess I think is where experience, preparation, commitment and luck meets up
By tap in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 29Last Post: 04-10-2013, 11:19 PM
By andriesdeklerk in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 17Last Post: 04-01-2011, 03:00 AM
By christophe morio in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 5Last Post: 12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
By browningbbr in forum Hunting North AmericaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2009, 11:35 AM