Today was a good day!
This is a discussion on Today was a good day! within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Hey everyone, After a few months of searching, I've finally scheduled my first South African safari with Marius and KMG ...
10-24-2012, 04:20 PM #1
- frog stealer has no Articles
- frog stealer has no Photos
Today was a good day!
After a few months of searching, I've finally scheduled my first South African safari with Marius and KMG safaris! The hunt is scheduled for May, 2014 and the species at the top of my list are eland, kudu, and impala. Now the long wait begins, but I'll have plenty of preparation ahead of me, including finding a second rifle (no. 1 is my M70 safari express), practicing off the bench, and buying a few other necessities while I'm at it. I'm really excited, and can't wait to get over there! I've already read the "perfect shot" book twice and just ordered the dvd version, and I still have over a year to go!
Thank goodness for the MI deer season starting up soon, if I didn't have that, I might go insane.
10-24-2012, 04:40 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Keep reading all the hunt reports and it will help you on your long wait.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM #3
- Member of Safari Club International, National Archery in the Schools Program, Chillakoot Bowhunters
- Hunted USA and Canada
- kal has no Articles
- kal has no Photos
It will go faster than you think. Wait till the last minute packing panic sets in.
10-25-2012, 02:47 AM #4
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Poachers.
- DOC-404 has no Articles
- View DOC-404's Photos
Marius is a good lad, with a good crew and a good reputation. You'll be well looked after. You'll be back..!
10-25-2012, 09:02 AM #5
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Wow, May of 2014 is a long time to wait, a lot of planning between now and then.
10-30-2012, 11:00 AM #6
- Member of SCI, NRA Life member, NAHC Life member, Oregon Hunter Ass'n
- Hunted USA, RSA,Zimbabwe,Canada
- GSTONE has no Articles
- View GSTONE's Photos
The wait will be worth it!! An African Safari is the adventure of a lifetime.
By Raseni in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 22Last Post: 05-08-2012, 09:10 PM
By deerslayer75 in forum Hunting Equipment, Gear & OpticsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-03-2011, 10:24 PM
By AZ~Rich in forum Introductions & GreetsReplies: 13Last Post: 04-28-2011, 04:39 PM
By Heeler75 in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:27 AM
By JohnHunt in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:42 PM