This is a discussion on No buffalo within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Two years ago today, I took a great buffalo in Zim. hunting with Shingani Safaris. As of today, there is ...
09-03-2012, 12:53 PM #1
- Hunted Soutj Africa Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada, Russia
- Thomas Taxidermy has no Articles
- Thomas Taxidermy has no Photos
Two years ago today, I took a great buffalo in Zim. hunting with Shingani Safaris.
As of today, there is still no paperwork to make it exportable! I'm told by the
taxidermist that she has been that trying for over a year to get Riaan to produce
the documents needed and now it is pretty much hopeless. Not sure what to do
at this point other then to just write it off.
I saved for years to go on this hunt and it was a terrible experiance all the way
around. My advice is to steer clear of Shingani Safaris and Riaan Vosloo. The
man is a lier and a crook.
You can read about my hunt in the hunt report Zimbabwe: Bad hunt with Shingani Safaris
09-03-2012, 04:07 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi) South Africa ( Limpopo, Kwazulu Natal, Northern Cape) Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia) USA (Montana, Washington, South Dakota, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Minnesota, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, Hawaii)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Crappy anniversary to say the least.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
09-04-2012, 11:52 AM #3
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Pictures and memories!
09-04-2012, 12:08 PM #4
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
The pictures and memories are what you have...many are going that rout these days with the added expense of dip & Pack and shipping and taxidermy work and shipping again. it cost almost as much as the safari sometimes...
While a bummer look forward and not back...what was will never change...
Question...have you tried to obtain paperwork through your outfitter?James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
By capehuntsafaris in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2012, 11:18 PM
By GUBU SAFARIS in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 0Last Post: 01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
By PaulT in forum Hunts OFFERED or WANTED WorldwideReplies: 0Last Post: 02-07-2011, 03:33 PM