Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 90

Illegal Land Seizures and Arnold Payne

This is a discussion on Illegal Land Seizures and Arnold Payne within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; Always just pieces of the story....

  1. #61
    BRICKBURN's Avatar
    BRICKBURN is online now SUPER MODERATOR
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,290

    Member of KZN Hunters Assoc

    Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)

    BRICKBURN has no Articles
    View BRICKBURN's Photos

    Default

    Always just pieces of the story.
    Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
    A Legend in my own mind!

  2. #62
    Buff-Buster's Avatar
    Buff-Buster is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,031

    Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters

    Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)

    Default

    Can Mike or anyone else give an update on the situation with Arnold Pane and Impala Safari? The reason being is that I just received the list of auction items for this years Houston Safari Club convention and Arnold Pane and Impaled Safaris have donated hunts in them. If what I have read here stands true, I will do all that I can to get them pulled from the auctions. Please help me out with this if you can.

  3. #63
    tap
    tap is offline AH Enthusiast
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    387

    Default

    good luck with that. ceaig boddington is in tight with him. craig donated a hunt that hes going to film for tv. hes using arnold paynes areas exclusively now. after my last safari experience, which i booked through last years sci banquet, im quitting my support of sci. they are supporting crooked outfitters and doing nothing to help their own members.

  4. #64
    Buff-Buster's Avatar
    Buff-Buster is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,031

    Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters

    Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)

    Default

    Thanks Tap. HSC isn't affiliated with SCI. We definitely don't want to promote illegal land seizures or the likes of Ken Drumand either. Just trying to very Paynes association with both.

  5. #65
    Buff-Buster's Avatar
    Buff-Buster is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,031

    Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, Nort American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters

    Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff-Buster View Post
    Thanks Tap. HSC isn't affiliated with SCI. We definitely don't want to promote illegal land seizures or the likes of Ken Drumand either. Just trying to very Paynes association with both.
    Dam phone spell check..."verify Payne's association with both".

  6. #66
    Mike70560's Avatar
    Mike70560 is offline AH Fanatic
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    798

    Member of NRA, DU, DSC

    Hunted Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tap View Post
    good luck with that. ceaig boddington is in tight with him. craig donated a hunt that hes going to film for tv. hes using arnold paynes areas exclusively now. after my last safari experience, which i booked through last years sci banquet, im quitting my support of sci. they are supporting crooked outfitters and doing nothing to help their own members.
    tap,

    Is it Arnold Payne or Mike Payne that Craig is working with. Mike Payne is with Save Safaris and from what I understand is an excellent PH and operator and has NO affiliation or relationship with Arnold Payne. Craig and Mike are working together on an SCI auction.

  7. #67
    sasafaris is offline AH Member
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16

    Member of SCI, CHASA, SAGA, Big Bore, SAAACA, KZNHCA

    Hunted RSA, Namibia, Zim, Moz, USA

    sasafaris has no Articles
    sasafaris has no Photos

    Default if SCI, DSC et al were serious

    Surely it would be simple matter of informing all members and all chapters that there is this controversy and the potential Lacey Act repercussions.
    But then if they were serious then Dawie Groenewald and his Out of Africa crew would not have got away with as much as they did for as long
    as they did.
    With the internet and instant communication it is pretty simple to keep hunters informed.

  8. #68
    35bore's Avatar
    35bore is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,968

    Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever

    Hunted USA, South Africa, France

    35bore has no Articles
    View 35bore's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sestoppelman View Post
    Y I agree with your basic point of course. I also agree that many Americans are uninformed and ignorant and even stupid. Just notice how we vote!
    Yuppppp...... Twice.......
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith

  9. #69
    spike.t's Avatar
    spike.t is online now AH Legend
    Joined
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,569

    Member of sci int, basc

    Hunted zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasafaris View Post
    .
    But then if they were serious then Dawie Groenewald and his Out of Africa crew would not have got away with as much as they did for as long
    as they did.
    that was one unpopular bunch in countries north of SA.

  10. #70
    Mike70560's Avatar
    Mike70560 is offline AH Fanatic
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    798

    Member of NRA, DU, DSC

    Hunted Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania

    Default

    Arnold is in attendance at DSC. I cannot understand why or how. On his website he no longer references the hunts on Savuli as before. Truly a sad situation.

  11. #71
    BRICKBURN's Avatar
    BRICKBURN is online now SUPER MODERATOR
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,290

    Member of KZN Hunters Assoc

    Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)

    BRICKBURN has no Articles
    View BRICKBURN's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70560 View Post
    Arnold is in attendance at DSC. I cannot understand why or how. On his website he no longer references the hunts on Savuli as before. Truly a sad situation.
    WTF, I thought DSC was ahead of the game. That is sad. Thanks for the heads up Mike.

    Goes to prove: The shows DO NOT SCREEN HUNTS for you.
    Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
    A Legend in my own mind!

  12. #72
    AfricaHunting.com's Avatar
    AfricaHunting.com is online now Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,762

    Member of AfricaHunting.com

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, France, Spain, USA

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70560 View Post
    Arnold is in attendance at DSC. I cannot understand why or how. On his website he no longer references the hunts on Savuli as before. Truly a sad situation.
    Mike, Any DSC hunt donation by Arnold Payne or Impala African Safaris?

    Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
    Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).

    Click HERE to Support AH

    If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!

    Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.

  13. #73
    AfricaHunting.com's Avatar
    AfricaHunting.com is online now Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,762

    Member of AfricaHunting.com

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, France, Spain, USA

    Default

    Attached is a statement found on Arnold Payne/Impala African Safaris' website (www.impalasafaris.com) from the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority.
    Attached Files Attached Files

    Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
    Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).

    Click HERE to Support AH

    If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!

    Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.

  14. #74
    Mike70560's Avatar
    Mike70560 is offline AH Fanatic
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    798

    Member of NRA, DU, DSC

    Hunted Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania

    Default

    Jerome,
    I saw the letter posted by Arnold on his site.

    This is from the original post
    As many of you will know, a female so called War vet named Shuvai Mahofa has taken over Savuli Ranch in the Save Valley Conservancy. She claims that she has a legal lease on the property issued by the department of National Parks(who are not entitled to issue leases on Conservancy Properties) ,however the High Court of Zimbabwe has ruled ,in a number of decisions that the legal owners and operators of Savuli , namely Forever African Safaris, should continue operations on Savuli and that their operations should not be interfered with.
    In contempt of these High Court decisions, Mahofa has evicted Forever African and its employees, trashed their belongings and thrown their furniture out on the road. In the meantime, Mr Ken Drummond has moved onto the property and is operating as Impala Safaris on the Property.


    It is mess. The fact is the rightful owner was removed from the property illegally. Arnold was marketing these hunts in the US. It is shameful for us to hunt stolen property whether or not it is condoned by Parks.

  15. #75
    Mike70560's Avatar
    Mike70560 is offline AH Fanatic
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    798

    Member of NRA, DU, DSC

    Hunted Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfricaHunting.com View Post
    Mike, Any DSC hunt donation by Arnold Payne or Impala African Safaris?
    Not that I could find by searching the info on the DSC website.

  16. #76
    AfricaHunting.com's Avatar
    AfricaHunting.com is online now Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,762

    Member of AfricaHunting.com

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, France, Spain, USA

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70560 View Post
    Jerome,
    I saw the letter posted by Arnold on his site.

    This is from the original post
    As many of you will know, a female so called War vet named Shuvai Mahofa has taken over Savuli Ranch in the Save Valley Conservancy. She claims that she has a legal lease on the property issued by the department of National Parks(who are not entitled to issue leases on Conservancy Properties) ,however the High Court of Zimbabwe has ruled ,in a number of decisions that the legal owners and operators of Savuli , namely Forever African Safaris, should continue operations on Savuli and that their operations should not be interfered with.
    In contempt of these High Court decisions, Mahofa has evicted Forever African and its employees, trashed their belongings and thrown their furniture out on the road. In the meantime, Mr Ken Drummond has moved onto the property and is operating as Impala Safaris on the Property.


    It is mess. The fact is the rightful owner was removed from the property illegally. Arnold was marketing these hunts in the US. It is shameful for us to hunt stolen property whether or not it is condoned by Parks.
    Mike, I only posted the letter for the record of it. Thanks for everything.

    Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
    Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).

    Click HERE to Support AH

    If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!

    Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.

  17. #77
    AfricaHunting.com's Avatar
    AfricaHunting.com is online now Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,762

    Member of AfricaHunting.com

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, France, Spain, USA

    Default

    More on Arnold Payne and Impala African Safari: http://www.africahunting.com/zimbabw...nightmare.html

    Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
    Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).

    Click HERE to Support AH

    If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!

    Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.

  18. #78
    spike.t's Avatar
    spike.t is online now AH Legend
    Joined
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,569

    Member of sci int, basc

    Hunted zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70560 View Post
    tap,

    Is it Arnold Payne or Mike Payne that Craig is working with. Mike Payne is with Save Safaris and from what I understand is an excellent PH and operator and has NO affiliation or relationship with Arnold Payne. Craig and Mike are working together on an SCI auction.
    Mike you are correct it is mike and dup, both good people from save safaris that provided this auction hunt with boddington.

  19. #79
    Buzz Charlton is offline AH Member
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17

    Member of ZPHA SOAZ

    Hunted Zimbabwe Mozambique and Zambia

    Buzz Charlton has no Articles
    Buzz Charlton has no Photos

    Default

    Gentlemen as you know I infrequently post on this form. However I feel duty bound to correct a statement that I made on this thread in reference to Ken Drummond and Payne. I had a long and enlightening conversation with Ken today. I am embarrassed to say that I have fallen into the trap of voicing my opinion based on rumors with out confirming them and feel it only right to retract my statement on the same post. As I have now learnt Ken was infact trying intermediate between the two parties involved on Savuli- as Ken is fluent in Shona and has a good understanding of customs etc and he was incorrectly accused of been involved in the take over. I apologies to ken and Payne and as mentioned retract my statement. All the best Buzz
    Buzz Charlton
    Charlton McCallum Safaris - Zimbabwe & Mozambique
    buzz@cmsafaris.com
    www.cmsafaris.com

  20. #80
    PHOENIX PHIL's Avatar
    PHOENIX PHIL is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,871

    Member of SCI

    Hunted USA, S. Africa

    PHOENIX PHIL has no Articles
    View PHOENIX PHIL's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Charlton View Post
    Gentlemen as you know I infrequently post on this form. However I feel duty bound to correct a statement that I made on this thread in reference to Ken Drummond and Payne. I had a long and enlightening conversation with Ken today. I am embarrassed to say that I have fallen into the trap of voicing my opinion based on rumors with out confirming them and feel it only right to retract my statement on the same post. As I have now learnt Ken was infact trying intermediate between the two parties involved on Savuli- as Ken is fluent in Shona and has a good understanding of customs etc and he was incorrectly accused of been involved in the take over. I apologies to ken and Payne and as mentioned retract my statement. All the best Buzz
    As always it takes a big man (at least in character Buzz ) to admit when he was wrong. For clarity it seems that Ken Drummond was improperly accused in this sad situation. However you have also apologized to Payne. Since there have been two Paynes reffered to in this thread, Arnold and Mike who are not related, can you please clarify? If you were apologizing to Arnold, I presume that this then means Arnold has been cleared in this mess?
    U.S. Contact for HartzView Safaris
    Email: philip.clayton@cox.net
    480-861-9232
    www.hvsafaris.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 03:37 AM
  2. ZIMBABWE: Arnold Payne and Impala African Safaris NIGHTMARE
    By Gene Campbell in forum Hunting Reports & Reviews
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 03:37 AM
  3. How To Avoid CITES Trophy Import Seizures
    By Conservation Force in forum Before & After the Hunt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 05:59 AM
  5. Jefferys double rifle and Arnold Arms 375 H&H for sale
    By Ray Atkinson in forum Free Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •