Vaal Rhebok hunting
This is a discussion on Vaal Rhebok hunting within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Thanks for the suggestions, my workout will definitely include hills, stairs, anything with an incline. I want to drop 15 ...
06-26-2012, 08:12 AM #21
- Member of NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
- Hunted Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Louisiana
- Upton O. Good has no Articles
- View Upton O. Good's Photos
Thanks for the suggestions, my workout will definitely include hills, stairs, anything with an incline. I want to drop 15 lbs at least and be in the best shape possible. As I age, the desire to shoot dangerous game (Big 5) is waning, as a kid I read Ruark almost daily with dreams of Africa. Now I've found my love (Eastern Cape) and that is where I'll concentrate my hunting. Red duiker and Suni will be on the list in the future, I'm keeping the next hunt list short so I can explore S.A. a bit more without pressures of always being "on the hunt". And I still haven't seen my Cape cobra yet, either.
I forgot to add, I am also going to find some boots that will be more comfortable and quiet than the Irish Setter bird hunting boots I've hunted in for my first two trips to South Africa.
And my outfitter is Mike Birch.
06-26-2012, 08:34 AM #22
- Member of SCI, PHASA, CHASA, KZN Hunting and Conservation Association, African Bowhunters Association.
- Hunted South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Swaziland.
- SA Hunting Outfitters has no Articles
- View SA Hunting Outfitters's Photos
Great the Eastern Cape is beautiful, they have good Blue Duiker there, so if you chance upon one just mention to mike that you may be interested, Im a snake fanatic, i live in KwaZulu-Natal so no cape cobras here, but ill post some of my pics of me with Black Mambas and Mozambique Spitting Cobras soon, keep a look out on the forums.
have a great hunt and an awesome time in this wonderful country of ours..
I wear Blundstones they an awesome boot from Australia, but are readily available in the States. check them out on Blundstone :: Boots, Footwear & Accessories (Socks, Bootguards, Polish, Belts, Footbeds, etc) the style i recomend is the #550 very light and comfy they mold to your foot.Anton Davidson(PH)
FAX : + 27 31 562 833 2 MOBILE : + 27 83 303 666 0
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB : sahuntingoutfitters.com
06-26-2012, 08:36 AM #23
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
After looking more closely at those slopes I am thinking some stiff ankle support will be on my list for boot specs.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
06-26-2012, 10:24 AM #24
- Member of PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
- Hunted South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
- KMG Hunting Safaris has no Articles
- View KMG Hunting Safaris's Photos
Here is the last set of hunters that hunted Vaal Rhebuck with us this year. One of our very own AH members, huntsolo101, hunted with us
during May of this year. His friend took these two Vaal Rhebuck during the first afternoon session and the second ram was taken
the very next morning. We found huntsolo101's ram a couple of days after he left, so no photos, but he will be in the crate with the
rest of his animals.
06-26-2012, 07:47 PM #25
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
Marius, nice rams. I think you might just have hooked Brickburn with those!The journey is the reward.
By huntsolo101 in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 23Last Post: 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM
By KMG Hunting Safaris in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2012, 07:50 AM
By CT Safaris in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts WorldwideReplies: 4Last Post: 09-16-2012, 09:49 AM
By CT Safaris in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 5Last Post: 05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
By seattlesetters in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 24Last Post: 07-20-2011, 11:49 PM