9 Days Left
This is a discussion on 9 Days Left within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Before my wife and I leave for the East Cape to chase Nyala with Marius of KMG. I last hunted ...
05-10-2012, 05:47 PM #1
9 Days Left
Before my wife and I leave for the East Cape to chase Nyala with Marius of KMG.
I last hunted Namibia and although I have been to R.S.A. on business a few times I have not hunted there yet. And it will be my wife's first time on the dark continent.
Besides Nyala I am targeting Bushbuck, Blue WB, Blesbok & Mtn Reedbuck. If we see a monster Impala or Warthog or a Duiker I will be giving them consideration as well.
The custom Remington 700 7mm-08 is shooting sub-MOA 200 yard groups when I do my job so hopefully I can quickly get accustomed to the standing sticks since all I have is the short ones to practice with. I think I will be alright after I settle into the hunt. Taking a .300 Wby for the BWB and as a backup gun and it too is dialed in at 200 yards but not quite as tight.
I won't be able to sleep until I get the first animal on the ground.
05-10-2012, 06:10 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Good luck with your list, its a good one.
I saw your other thread. If you can, add a couple of days and fly to Cape Town and check it out.
If you can add more time, drive. It is gorgeous countryside.
Shoot straight.Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
05-10-2012, 06:26 PM #3
I guess the good news is that when my wife starts sampling S.A. Wines it will be my excuse to come back...but I won't be able to go to R.S.A. again without going to Capetown and the wine farms FIRST THING!
05-10-2012, 08:30 PM #5
- Member of SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
- Hunted Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia
- RogerHeintzman has no Articles
- View RogerHeintzman's Photos
05-11-2012, 05:03 AM #6
- Member of OJJF
- Hunted Norway, South Africa
Hunted Norway and South Africa, so many places left:)
- svinejakt has no Articles
- svinejakt has no Photos
05-11-2012, 10:43 AM #7
- Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
- Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
- enysse has no Articles
- View enysse's Photos
Good Luck on trip! I will thinking of you.
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM #8
05-11-2012, 12:52 PM #9
- Member of NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
- Hunted South Africa, Germany, USA
- RickB has no Articles
- View RickB's Photos
Good luck and we will all be patiently waiting for your report and pics!"Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever."
05-11-2012, 12:55 PM #10
05-11-2012, 07:36 PM #11
- bdmd5093 has no Articles
- bdmd5093 has no Photos
I know how you feel. I leave in six days and can hardly stand it!
05-12-2012, 02:57 AM #12
- Hunted Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
- Norwegianwoods has no Articles
- View Norwegianwoods's Photos
I am very much looking forward to your report.
Hope you will have a great time!
By John Galt in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 20Last Post: 05-21-2012, 12:49 PM
By Message in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 47Last Post: 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
By Cliffy in forum Before & After the HuntReplies: 8Last Post: 03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
By milford in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 27Last Post: 05-12-2011, 07:34 PM
By Mike70560 in forum .375 & UpReplies: 11Last Post: 03-29-2010, 10:13 PM