Honeymoon Safari Set!
This is a discussion on Honeymoon Safari Set! within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; I have paid my deposit and will be heading to South Africa mid Sept 2012 for my honeymoon/safari Will be ...
02-17-2012, 06:15 AM #1
Honeymoon Safari Set!
I have paid my deposit and will be heading to South Africa mid Sept 2012 for my honeymoon/safari
Will be heading to Cape town 1st for some R&R and sight seeing then on to camp for 6 days. I will be hunting with Wintershoek/Johnny Vivier for plains game. Can't decide which I'm looking forward to more the wedding or the safari
I'll be taking along my .338-06
02-17-2012, 06:21 AM #2
- Member of No. Amer. Moose Foundation, Mule Deer Found; RMEF (life Member), SCI, NRA, RGS, NWTF, PF, DU, Izaac Walton League, Nat'l. Trappers Assoc.
- Hunted US / Canada/Namibia/Moz/Zim
- joester has no Articles
- joester has no Photos
I hope your soon-to-be wife is also a hunter; I'm lucky to have a great wife who loves to hunt. My buddies are jealous b/c she'd rather have guns than jewelry. We're headed for our 2nd Africa trip (Zim) soon...Have fun!
02-17-2012, 07:33 AM #3
- Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
- Hunted USA, South Africa, France
- 35bore has no Articles
- View 35bore's Photos
Congrats, to the both of you. Enjoy the Safari."That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Friedrich Nietzsche // That which does not kill me, better run like hell" Scott Smith
02-17-2012, 07:45 AM #4
- Member of Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA
- Hunted Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Congrat's dvdegeorge! On both counts! My wife and I spent our honeymoon hunting in the hill country of Texas. It's great to have a wife that hunts....only now it cost me twice as much!!! LOL
02-17-2012, 08:07 AM #5
- Member of SCI
- Hunted Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan
- Diamondhitch has no Articles
- View Diamondhitch's Photos
I know a guy who went on safari for his honeymoon, his wife is also a hunter. They have the best honeymoon pictures ever!!!The journey is the reward.
02-17-2012, 08:11 AM #6
Well, you pulled the trigger on that one! How lucky you are that your wife is such a good sport to take a huntingmoon in South Africa with you. Conratulations dvdegeorge!
Jerome Philippe, Founder of AfricaHunting.com
Visited by over 240,000 hunters monthly, viewing 2.5 million pages, generating 14.5 million hits over 11,000 members (statistics Jan 2014).
Click HERE to Support AH & Go GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE
If you enjoy this site then tell fellow hunters about it!
Our community is a place for seasoned African hunters and those who dream of someday hunting in Africa. I hope that you will find AfricaHunting.com a great place to spend time preparing for or dreaming about your future African hunting safari or reliving your last.
02-17-2012, 08:29 AM #7
Yes especially since she isn't a hunter!
Johnny Vivier has a beautiful luxury camp with pool and spa so I'm sure she will have a great time also.... How could she not she will be with me!
02-17-2012, 09:38 AM #8
- Member of SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
- Hunted Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
- Wolverine67 has no Articles
- View Wolverine67's Photos
Congrats to you dvdegeorge!
Are you going to stay at Thuru lodge? That one are for sure a real 5 star! Pool, jacucci and spa! Your wife gonna love it!
The hunting are excellent as well.The best hunt are the one in your dreams, the next best are the one in your memories.
02-17-2012, 09:48 AM #9
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
Good luck and congratulations !
02-17-2012, 09:54 AM #10
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozandjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Go have fun!Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
02-17-2012, 10:00 AM #11
02-17-2012, 10:19 AM #12
- Member of NRA, SCI
- Hunted USA, South Africa
- ndbwhnter has no Articles
- View ndbwhnter's Photos
Have fun dvdegeorge! Congrats!
nd"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Theodore Roosevelt
02-17-2012, 10:25 AM #13
- Hunted Norway, Sweden, England, South Africa
- Norwegianwoods has no Articles
- View Norwegianwoods's Photos
Have fun and congrats!
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM #14
Thanks for all the well wishes!....Also I highly recomend Lori at Travel Express for all of your travel need. Her prices are great and flight arrangments are superior to every one elses!
02-17-2012, 06:12 PM #15
Congrats dvdegeorge on the wedding and the "huntingmoon" nicely put by Jerome! Glad I'm able to help with the travel arrangements and look forward to working with you along the way. I'm not sure you should answer the wedding or safari question outloud - just to play it safe but I think we all know!
02-17-2012, 06:20 PM #16
- Hunted Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
- Cliffy has no Articles
- View Cliffy's Photos
dvdegeorge- My wife and I are celebrating our 20th this April in Namibia. Plan on your 20th there also!
02-21-2012, 05:52 AM #17
- Member of SCI, PHASA, NRA, NWTF, RMEF
- Trophy Game Safaris has no Articles
- View Trophy Game Safaris's Photos
Congrats, have a good time and take a lot of pictures, you cannot take too many!David Tenney
US Marketing Representative
Trophy Game Safaris www.tgsafari.co.za
Tino and Amanda Erasmus