This is a discussion on Kudu within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the Hunting Forums - Hunting in Africa category; Kudu Bull.jpg Took this Kudu this past summer near Ladysmith, South Africa....
Took this Kudu this past summer near Ladysmith, South Africa.
11-03-2011, 08:26 PM #2
- Member of KZN Hunters Assoc
- Hunted Namibia (Otavi, Ozondjache) South Africa ( LP, KZN, NC, EC) Botswana (Ghanzi) Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Ont, PQ, NS) USA (MT, WA, SD, CA, CO, WY, KS, MN, NC, VG, UT, HI)
- BRICKBURN has no Articles
- View BRICKBURN's Photos
Those horn bases are quite worn and smooth.
Any more story behind this kudu?Practice whispering before you leave for Africa!
A Legend in my own mind!
Chased him for 3 days. Hardest of all the trophies to get but worth it. Rifle Custom Remington Model 700 30.06 Ackley 2 shots at 300 yards offhand. Took 4 of us to get him on the trailer. Can't wait to see those bases when they are done.
11-04-2011, 12:51 AM #4
11-04-2011, 08:14 AM #5
- Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
- Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
- Bobpuckett has no Articles
- View Bobpuckett's Photos
congratulations 6MM! Nice Kudu.
11-04-2011, 10:30 AM #6
- Member of RFEC, RFETO
- Hunted Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
- Nyati has no Articles
- View Nyati's Photos
He gave you a hard time, you will appreciate his trophy much more.
11-04-2011, 04:38 PM #7
- Member of SCI ; Rowland Ward
- Hunted United States ; South Africa
- dtarin09 has no Articles
- View dtarin09's Photos
Awesome kudu - can't wait to hear a more detailed report!
11-05-2011, 10:31 AM #8
- Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
- Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa
- James.Grage has no Articles
- View James.Grage's Photos
great Kudu..James Grage - New Mexico
Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
"Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne
11-06-2011, 10:54 AM #9
- Sage Council has no Articles
- Sage Council has no Photos
11-06-2011, 08:12 PM #10
- Member of SCI, Member of Denver SCI chapter, DU
- Hunted US,Canada,Argentina,Botswana,South Africa
- WST416 has no Articles
- WST416 has no Photos
Very nice Kudu, Congratulations.
11-07-2011, 04:08 AM #11
I have a lot of respect for sucessful kudu hunters - they are one of the most difficult hunts (to me) in densely vegetated areas. See my post under Shot Placement Enigma - happened to me in July this year - i am still suffering from this incident!
Just wondering...as your site name is "6 mm"...whith what caliber did you take this one?FHM3006
Fortes Fortuna Luvat
11-09-2011, 12:54 PM #12
- Member of SCI N.E. Wisconsin Chapter - WisNRA
- Calhoun has no Articles
- View Calhoun's Photos
Nice Kudu! congratulations!!
By BARTFRNCS in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 16Last Post: 09-19-2012, 06:45 PM
By tap in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 24Last Post: 06-01-2012, 03:13 AM
By CHAPUISARMES in forum South Africa Hunting ReportsReplies: 27Last Post: 08-29-2011, 08:37 AM
By Frederik in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 22Last Post: 06-01-2011, 01:49 PM
By Kevin Thomas Safaris in forum Hunting AfricaReplies: 10Last Post: 04-21-2011, 07:18 AM