Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Hunting in 2012

This is a discussion on Hunting in 2012 within the Hunting Africa forums, part of the HUNT AFRICA category; Hi Everyone As this hunting year will soon be coming to an end, I'm just putting some feelers out to ...

  1. #1
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default Hunting in 2012

    Hi Everyone
    As this hunting year will soon be coming to an end, I'm just putting some feelers out to see what everyone has planned for 2012 I know that I've got an 8 day hunt booked back at Huntershill Safaris from 30 May - 6 June I'll be hunting my 57th Birthday (2 June) and on my list is a Common Reedbuck, Vaal Rhebuck to finish my Reedbuck Slam as well as a Bushbuck and of course my Warthog, the wife will be going for a Zebra, Red Hartebeest, Steenbuck and Common Duiker. Hoping some AH friends will show up for a hunt and drink a Beer with me on my Birthday (Beers on Greg). Tell us about your plans for 2012.

  2. #2
    enysse's Avatar
    enysse is online now AH Ambassador
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,201

    Member of Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF

    Hunted Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)

    enysse has no Articles
    View enysse's Photos

    Default

    Due to financial and economic problems will be sitting out 2012.

  3. #3
    lwaters's Avatar
    lwaters is online now AH Veteran
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    226

    Hunted Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho

    lwaters has no Articles
    View lwaters's Photos

    Default

    I will be hunting Namibia in 2012 and my wife will go along as an observor. We are going in May and I am enjoying all the planning. Lenny

  4. #4
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by lwaters View Post
    I will be hunting Namibia in 2012 and my wife will go along as an observor. We are going in May and I am enjoying all the planning. Lenny
    Lenny I'm glad to hear your taking your wife along I'm sure she'll love it mine did. Be sure she has a good camera for lots of pictures you may want to carry along a few extra bullets for her as well they really get in to the hunt once they get there. Bob

  5. #5
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default

    I'm surpised there aren't more reply's for next years hunting. Come on I know Lenny and I aren't the only ones going hunting next year. would like to hear your plans may give me some ideas. Bob

  6. #6
    richteb's Avatar
    richteb is offline AH Enthusiast
    Joined
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    333

    Member of SSAA,Military Pistol Club

    Hunted Australia,Zimbabwe

    Default

    Unfotunatly 2012 will not see me doing a trip to Africa. The current plan is another DG hunt in 2014 with good friend. He will be celebrating his 50th with bull ele hunt. So naturally I will have to also partake in hunting. I think another buff, tuskless, and kudu will be on the shopping list. So till then it's saving the penny's.

  7. #7
    James.Grage's Avatar
    James.Grage is offline GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,258

    Member of NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF

    Hunted USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Africa

    James.Grage has no Articles
    View James.Grage's Photos

    Default

    Next year it is Zimbabwe in April...may add a few days to SA if my sister get her schedule to me.

    Right now i am sitting out 2013...to purchase a new pickup...

    Starting the planning process for 2014...setting up some meetings at Dallas to visit with PH and outfitters. And i am getting there booth number to make sure i take them in along with some others.
    James Grage - New Mexico
    Hold a steady Eye & Rifle...
    "Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded...they shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them." John Wayne

  8. #8
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richteb View Post
    Unfotunatly 2012 will not see me doing a trip to Africa. The current plan is another DG hunt in 2014 with good friend. He will be celebrating his 50th with bull ele hunt. So naturally I will have to also partake in hunting. I think another buff, tuskless, and kudu will be on the shopping list. So till then it's saving the penny's.
    sounds like a good plan I have to do mine the same way save those penny's.

  9. #9
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James.Grage View Post
    Next year it is Zimbabwe in April...may add a few days to SA if my sister get her schedule to me.

    Right now i am sitting out 2013...to purchase a new pickup...

    Starting the planning process for 2014...setting up some meetings at Dallas to visit with PH and outfitters. And i am getting there booth number to make sure i take them in along with some others.
    James sounds like you've got a plan I read the part about Zim on your hunting report for this year your going to need a new truck to haul all those trophies home from the port.

  10. #10
    mallard14's Avatar
    mallard14 is offline AH Member
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24

    Member of NWTF, SCI, DSC, Delta Waterfowl, NRA

    Hunted USA, Canada, RSA, Mexico, Argentina

    mallard14 has no Articles
    View mallard14's Photos

    Default

    I will be heading to SA next July to complete my spiral slam with a big Nyala, hopefully!!! Looking to also pick up a bushbuck, bushpig, blue duiker and another warthog. It's not that far away but sure seems like an
    eternity at this point.

  11. #11
    35bore's Avatar
    35bore is online now AH Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,969

    Member of NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever

    Hunted USA, South Africa, France

    35bore has no Articles
    View 35bore's Photos

    Default

    2013 for me as well, Zebra, Gemsbok and a world class Blue Wildebeest. I'll be hunting with Koedoeberg again, great land, great group of guys and great animals. Expecting my mounts from this year in 2012, plus i don't want to miss Obama being voted out of office, wouldn't miss that for the world.

  12. #12
    RichP's Avatar
    RichP is offline AH Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35

    Member of SCI life member, FNAWS life member, GSCO life member, NRA life member, Mule Deer Foundation life Member, CA FNAWS life member, SCI SF Greater Bay Area life member, MZURI Safari Club-San Francisco

    Hunted Canada, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania 2x, Zimbabwe 2x, New Zealand, Spain, Turkey, Argentina, Mexico, and trips planned Zimbabwe June 11, Zambia October 11, Cameroon 2012, Tajikistan 2012, Zimbabwe 2013

    RichP has no Articles
    View RichP's Photos

    Default

    2012 has me headed to Cameroon to hunt Bongo and whatever other species I come across. After that it is Dall Sheep in the Yukon, and Marco Polo in Tajikistan to wrap up the year. But for now, I am waiting to leave for Tanzania in 2 weeks!

  13. #13
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallard14 View Post
    I will be heading to SA next July to complete my spiral slam with a big Nyala, hopefully!!! Looking to also pick up a bushbuck, bushpig, blue duiker and another warthog. It's not that far away but sure seems like an
    eternity at this point.
    I know what you mean I'll be hunting on my 57th Birthday on June 2nd first time sence I was a Kid I wish I could hurry up and get older. Who will you be hunting with in SA?

  14. #14
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 35bore View Post
    2013 for me as well, Zebra, Gemsbok and a world class Blue Wildebeest. I'll be hunting with Koedoeberg again, great land, great group of guys and great animals. Expecting my mounts from this year in 2012, plus i don't want to miss Obama being voted out of office, wouldn't miss that for the world.
    35bore I'll bet Willem already has them lined up for you. Good luck on your hunt.

  15. #15
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichP View Post
    2012 has me headed to Cameroon to hunt Bongo and whatever other species I come across. After that it is Dall Sheep in the Yukon, and Marco Polo in Tajikistan to wrap up the year. But for now, I am waiting to leave for Tanzania in 2 weeks!
    RickP Sounds like I need to hide in your suitecase you've got a heck of a year planned.

  16. #16
    Nevada Wapati's Avatar
    Nevada Wapati is online now AH Senior Member
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    94

    Member of NRA, SCI, NAHC, RMEF, NBU, WSF

    Hunted Namibia, RSA

    Nevada Wapati has no Articles
    View Nevada Wapati's Photos

    Default

    I'll be hunting nyala, bushbuck, bushpig and maybe a buffalo in Kwa-Zulu Natal in July. My wife and son will be coming with me for their first visit to Africa. My son is planning to hunt impala, warthog, blesbuck and black wildebeast. In addition to our hunting we're going to Victoria Falls/Hwange before the hunt and will be doing some sightseeing & fishing in Zululand.

  17. #17
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Wapati View Post
    I'll be hunting nyala, bushbuck, bushpig and maybe a buffalo in Kwa-Zulu Natal in July. My wife and son will be coming with me for their first visit to Africa. My son is planning to hunt impala, warthog, blesbuck and black wildebeast. In addition to our hunting we're going to Victoria Falls/Hwange before the hunt and will be doing some sightseeing & fishing in Zululand.
    You and your Family are in for a treat be sure to get lots of pics for your report when you get back.

  18. #18
    mallard14's Avatar
    mallard14 is offline AH Member
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24

    Member of NWTF, SCI, DSC, Delta Waterfowl, NRA

    Hunted USA, Canada, RSA, Mexico, Argentina

    mallard14 has no Articles
    View mallard14's Photos

    Default

    I will be hunting with Cruiser Safaris.This will be my second hunt with them. It is an incredible place. PH's, Owners, Animals and Lodge are first class.

  19. #19
    Bobpuckett's Avatar
    Bobpuckett is online now GOLD SUPPORTER
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,600

    Member of NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters

    Hunted USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada

    Bobpuckett has no Articles
    View Bobpuckett's Photos

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallard14 View Post
    I will be hunting with Cruiser Safaris.This will be my second hunt with them. It is an incredible place. PH's, Owners, Animals and Lodge are first class.
    You're going with a good outfit I've heard good things about CRUISER SAFARIS.

  20. #20
    tankerjockey is offline New Member
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    7
    tankerjockey has no Articles
    tankerjockey has no Photos

    Default

    I'm still working on putting together my family vacation/safari hunt to africa for next June to early July.
    Will go for 3 weeks and still putting together my hunting portion to conicide with the wife and son's touring and sightseeing.
    Good luck to all.
    Les
    "It aint for sissies" This getting old thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lion Hunting South Africa 2012 - Hartzview Hunting Safaris
    By Hartzview Hunting Safaris in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 03:27 AM
  2. Hunting the 2012 rut
    By daggaboyblog in forum Hunting Australia & New Zealand
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 10:48 AM
  3. Hunting shows Hartzview Hunting Safaris will attend 2012
    By Hartzview Hunting Safaris in forum Hunting Conventions, Shows & Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 08:31 PM
  4. Namibia 2012 Plains GameHunting deal for March/April 2012
    By otjandaue in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 05:16 AM
  5. 2012 HUNTING PACKAGES - Kowas Hunting Safaris, Namibia, Africa
    By Kowas Hunting Safaris in forum GREAT DEALS on Hunts Worldwide
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 05:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •